Disgusting Foods Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
doesn't eating squirrel brains make you a little nuts? :LOL:
img_24225_0_bda6b4248464a7eb9fdedbf700e7f127.gif
Good one!

Balut

Ok. I hope no one is eating right now.

I live in the Philippines and there is a common and popular delicacy called Balut. This is a fertilized duck egg about a few days old which is boiled and served warm. To eat it, first you crack a small opening in the egg, sprinkle a little salt in, then tip the whole thing so the juice trickles into your mouth and you suck it dry. This gives a very tasty preview of things to come. Next you unshell the whole thing, rub a little more salt on everything and pop it all into your mouth or break it up into pieces first. Everything is edible, yolk, fetus and all, except a small roundish tough white part about 1/5 the size of the egg. This is discarded along with the shells.

All I can say is it's very tasty. And no it doesn't taste like chicken. ;) Actually it tastes better. Personally I eat it with my eyes closed most of the time. :? I give away the fetus to others more willing to take it. I just can't stomach the thought... But ya. It's delicious.

Re: Balut

Chopstix said:
Ok. I hope no one is eating right now.

I live in the Philippines and there is a common and popular delicacy called Balut. This is a fertilized duck egg about a few days old which is boiled and served warm. To eat it, first you crack a small opening in the egg, sprinkle a little salt in, then tip the whole thing so the juice trickles into your mouth and you suck it dry. This gives a very tasty preview of things to come. Next you unshell the whole thing, rub a little more salt on everything and pop it all into your mouth or break it up into pieces first. Everything is edible, yolk, fetus and all, except a small roundish tough white part about 1/5 the size of the egg. This is discarded along with the shells.

All I can say is it's very tasty. And no it doesn't taste like chicken. ;) Actually it tastes better. Personally I eat it with my eyes closed most of the time. :? I give away the fetus to others more willing to take it. I just can't stomach the thought... But ya. It's delicious.

I wopuld need to go heavy on the salt myself. Monkey brains are good with lots of salt and pepper.

Bangbang said:
Yes....I take Paxil to counteract the effects.

i wonder if you sprinkled crushed paxil on some nuts and gave them to squirrels, would the forget where they buried their nuts?????

buckytom said:
Bangbang said:
Yes....I take Paxil to counteract the effects.

i wonder if you sprinkled crushed paxil on some nuts and gave them to squirrels, would the forget where they buried their nuts?????

That is very possible. However when you take Paxil.....your nuts are useless.

amber said:
Frogs legs, escargot, quale, caviar, all taste bad to me.

Oh man!.no way froglegs are better than chicken. I have never ever eatin caviar. Ok..I will get some this week and review it.

Bang may I take this opportunity to thank you. You make me laugh out loud EVERYDAY and it's sooooo good for my soul. I love you Bang.

wasabi said:

Bang may I take this opportunity to thank you. You make me laugh out loud EVERYDAY and it's sooooo good for my soul. I love you Bang.

Yeah bang has that effect on a lot of people.. reading some of his posts makes you forget a crappy day and gives you a chuckle.

And, Amber.. I agree with you on the frog legs, escargot, caviar, etc.

I just read the first couple of postings here and probably will not need to cook for several days, YUCK do people actually eat that stuff? I cannot imagine. But here sits someone who used to eat Blue Points on the Half Shell, Escargo, quail, reindeer, whale but do not eat alternative organs and body parts. The meat on my plate comes from the butcher not the cute little furry things in the pasture.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

I just read the first couple of postings here and probably will not need to cook for several days, YUCK do people actually eat that stuff? I cannot imagine. But here sits someone who used to eat Blue Points on the Half Shell, Escargo, quail, reindeer, whale but do not eat alternative organs and body parts. The meat on my plate comes from the butcher not the cute little furry things in the pasture.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

Back
Top Bottom