Do You Bake when you are blue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I do. I just whipped up a batch of brown sugar shortbread. I don't care now that it is nasty outside...it smells goooood in here.

When I'm blue I almost always bake somethhing of the chocolate persuasion. My favorite is hot fudge pudding cake.

Thank you. I will check that out. Tomorrow is likely to be icky too, and I am suseptible to feeling blue lately.

Granny Smith Apples cored (unpeeled) but not a hole through the bottom, stuff with butter, brown sugar, crystalized ginger and maple syrup. When done, a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top.

For me its about cooking...recently in one weekend I made a Veal Brisket Marsala w/Wild Mushrooms, Ministroni Soup and a Lasagna...There are only 2 of us!! The only reason I didn't bake a desert is I knew I would pick at it all weekend....must keep my figure..
My freezer is starting to look like a frozen food section in a market!

Oat Meal raisin cookies

My favorite cookie on cold depressing day is oatmeal raisin. the Pillsbury recipe. i love to use Penzeys spices the house smells great and the kids love em too. Uptown Chef

dessert is just something we didn't really have when i was a kid and i don't really like sweet stuff. (we all stayed really skinny, too, so i'm not complaining!)
but i love to make homemade fettucine.... it is a very similar concept to baking... only real difference is the actual cooking method that you employ....

brownies or chocolate chip cookies.. but, I try not to do that often, because I end up eating them all. :?

I'm with you marmalady. When I am sad, I cook or bake. Our freezer is getting pretty full.

alix, i really hope you are ok. i don't like hearing how much you are baking lately...lol.

Hey...I thought I was having a party here Saturday??? I need to stock up. I am OK bucky, just getting through a rough patch...and as you know...foodies gotta cook.

chez suz said:
For me its about cooking...recently in one weekend I made a Veal Brisket Marsala w/Wild Mushrooms, Ministroni Soup and a Lasagna...There are only 2 of us!! The only reason I didn't bake a desert is I knew I would pick at it all weekend....must keep my figure..
My freezer is starting to look like a frozen food section in a market!

chez suz I would love to try the veal brisket marsala w/wild mushrooms however, I live alone and do not like leftovers. Make a suggestion for that to Jay for Zenon. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom