"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-03-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
Master Chef

do you eat typical meals?

do you do the cereal for breakfast,-sandwich for lunch,-lasagne for dinner thing?

or are you an atypical eater?

i'm along the lines of the atypical eater...
ginger ale for breakfast, then jolly ranchers for lunch and a bite of cheese, a few olives, and a glass ( bottle ) of wine for dinner.
i'm definately not a typical eater.
i'm a snacker and would much prefer to stay that way.
are you typical or atypical?

Old 11-03-2004, 11:48 PM   #2
Master Chef

I would say that I am a combo. For example, here is what I ate today.

cereal for breakfast with coffee, cheese and crackers for a mid morning snack, chili, garlic bologna sandwich and coleslaw for lunch with a C2 Coke, carrots and a cup of soup for an afternoon snack, chicken wings and salad for dinner with water

Typically, I snack throughout the day. I would rather eat a bunch of small meals then a few big ones.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:52 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

i have worked crazy hours for more than 17 years, so i have gotten used to eating and sleeping at weird times.
i have more than once had a steak and potato and a beer, or pizza, or chinese food at 8am after a midnight shift.
since dinner is always the biggest, most elaborate, and best meal of the day, i have always liked to eat dinner type meals no matter what time it is. i am the king of leftovers.
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:00 AM   #4
Master Chef

can't say i haven't had a couple of drinks at 8 a.m., Buckytom, lol...
Old 11-04-2004, 12:46 AM   #5
Master Chef

Definitely not. Do not like cereal, and if I am going to eat egg type stuff prefer it later in the day. I have insomniac tendencies, and prefer a bowl of soup in the wee hours if I'm going to eat "breakfast". Then when I come home from a workout or get hungry again (late morning) will want a bowl of pasta or a big salad. Then I do want a more or less traditional 'supper'.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:04 AM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
Definitely not. Do not like cereal, and if I am going to eat egg type stuff prefer it later in the day. I have insomniac tendencies, and prefer a bowl of soup in the wee hours if I'm going to eat "breakfast". Then when I come home from a workout or get hungry again (late morning) will want a bowl of pasta or a big salad. Then I do want a more or less traditional 'supper'.
finally, someone else who doesn't like cereal :D .
special K and rice Krispies are okay, i guess.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:07 AM   #7
Master Chef

Not sure where I fit in. There's days....few and far between that I may fix me a bowl of oatmeal and toast or whip me up an egg or something. Usually I don't eat breakfast though. It depends on my day and what all it involves as to whether I eat lunch or not. If so its usually a sandwich or something like that. If I work day shift 7a-3p and end up staying till 7pm I may not eat till I get home and that could be anything. I fix supper for my family but depending on if I'm working I may not eat it since I'm not home. Mind boggling isn't it......you should hear what my stomach has to say about it. Generally I'm a one meal kind of gal and maybe a snack sometime in the day. The thing I faithfully consume is my 2-3 cups of hot tea in the AM.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:50 AM   #8

Re: do you eat typical meals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
do you do the cereal for breakfast,-sandwich for lunch,-lasagne for dinner thing?

ginger ale for breakfast, then jolly ranchers for lunch and a bite of cheese, a few olives, and a glass ( bottle ) of wine for dinner.
you forgot popsicles for dinner.

it depends.. I'm not a typical eater at all. I guess on weekends i'm a typical eater.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:52 AM   #9
Master Chef

Re: do you eat typical meals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliev
Quote:

you forgot popsicles for dinner.

it depends.. I'm not a typical eater at all. I guess on weekends i'm a typical eater.
just had my daily popsicles, :D, brrrr.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:19 PM   #10
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
finally, someone else who doesn't like cereal :D .
special K and rice Krispies are okay, i guess.
Add another non cereal eats to your list :) I am not much for breakfast foods at all. I hate eggs in any way, shape, or form, so that is very limiting in the traditional breakfast choices. I usually skip breakfast unless I am working from home. If I do that then I might have some waffles. Lunch is either leftovers from last night, a sandwich, or a sub from the pizza place down the street from my office. Sometimes I go out to a sit down place for lunch too when I have $ burning a hole in my pocket. Dinner can be anything from an extravagant meal to leftovers, to snacks depending on my energy level at the end of the day.