Do you say...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ice tea.
I make it with ice but don't add ice to the cup when I drink it... so it's not iced.

To be honest, sometimes ice others iced..I never really thought about it :LOL:

kadesma

SierraCook said:
Ice Tea, no sugar, and with a slice of lemon. Also known as sun tea, which is a better name because I don't make it with ice at all. :)

Sun tea is when you put your tea bags in a clear or glass jar and put it in the sun to let the suns heat to steap it.. *In the north its ICE Tea in the south its ICED tea... Ice tea consist of Ice in the glass..Iced tea had been iced and it may or may not still be iced- (*old south plantation cook book)

Truth or trash?

Tater tot

I usually say ice tea unless I am really thinking about what I am saying and then sometimes I will say iced.

I slur it so that you can't tell! Learned certain language 'tricks' to allow me to fit in everywhere I live!

Domestic Goddess said:
I always say: "ice tea", but when writing it down on paper,
( on my shopping list or in a recipe ) I write "iced tea".

As long as its plain with no sugar I realy dont care what its called :)

You can call it cat litter and Ill still drink it on a hot day! :)

Tater

iced tea for me. Love that stuff i think i am going to change the name to crack, i cant stop drinking it :w00t2:

I just say tea. So does anyone else that I have heard. At parties, or whatever, we ask, "Would you like a glass of tea?" It's assumed to have ice, unless you say hot tea.

Iced tea. I can say it no problem, my grandmother always stressed proper enunciation... I just don't drink the stuff... :sick:

Personally, I'll take lemonade on ice any day....:mrgreen:

Yep, Texasgirl, around here they just say tea. It is assumed you mean sweet and over ice.

Iced Tea! No lemon though.......drives me crazy when I request no lemon and out they come with it on my glass....if I had to guess I'd say 8 out of 10 times this happens. Or I just get it sweetened enough for my taste and here they come and proceed to try adding more to my glass. God forbid my head is turned and they preceed to add without asking............they def. won't get the 20% tip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom