does turkey size matter to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not buy a turkey less than 15 pounds because the small ones just have a larger bone structure and less meat. They say 1.25 pounds per person and that is usually close to correct unless you have a boneless turkey breast. But a lot of the size has to do with whether or not you want leftovers.

I guess DS and I will have to go out to the woodshed again! Behave your self..you are going to get into trouble with Elf.. ;)

:roll: Dove, the whipping hasn't been working. Do you think he likes it?

Well, I think the best things come in small packages - so my littlest turkey at 7 1/2 lbs wins the prize for smallest! Actually, the bone structure doesn't feel large in proportion to the body (I remember hearing that somewhere else) - I checked before I went ahead and bought it; feels more like a roasting chicken's bones would.

If there was more than two of us eating turky, I would have gotten one a little larger, but I can't see getting a big one for me and my son. Hubbie and #2 son will, of course, have their 'Tofurkey' :roll: - lol, I even bought some of the Tofurkey gravy for them this year!

DS wrote: Oh sure, pick on me.
img_47171_0_ffc46e3335c0e257ca8b60b32336d279.gif

Well my fingers were primed and ready to really let you know but I saw those blazing eyes of Elfee and I decided to contain myself. So.........I have no clue what size to by considering this is my first Thanksgiving meal to prepare. Guess if I don't fix enough theres always Wendy's and Arbys down the road.............I'm sure they have something Turkeywise on their menu :)

Back
Top Bottom