Don't Be Embarrassed!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not quite embarrassed,
But ramen noodles sure do come in handy when you have some leftover meat or veg in the fridge after a lousy day at work, (or a great night at the pub)!!!!!

Not quite embarrassed,
But ramen noodles sure do come in handy when you have some leftover meat or veg in the fridge after a lousy day at work, (or a great night at the pub)!!!!!

LOL! Ive been known to eat creamy chicken ramen noodles with not 1 but 2 slices of processed american cheese melted in them:pig: talk about an overload of sodium:neutral::LOL:

Not quite embarrassed,

:LOL:

I love Whtie Castle. I used to hit the one on Rt 17 by rt 46 in NJ.

So Chef boy are dee raviolis right out of the can.

Soupy boxed mac and cheeze

my egg omellette things. it looks realyl gross but its good

burnt cheese (al time fave

Roasted garlic cloves

Roasted garlic paste

butter with sugar

slice of potato bread with that spray butter stuff.

chocolate chip cookies dipped in pudding

chunks of parm cheese

I had White Castle for the first time back in August. It was actually delicious, especially at 11am, waking up after a long night at the bars.

It's much better than Krystal's, IMO (it's Atlanta equivalent).

I love liver sausage with onion on rye, they won't let me bring those to work anymore because when they get warm they smell like body odor!:LOL:
Come to think of it, they won't let me bring kimchi I make to work anymore because it stinks so much.:LOL:
I can't eat ramen noodles, no nutrition, but my kids loved them.

My mother learned to cook some meals my father's mother used to make during the depression.
One was bean and potato soup, beans potatoes chopped onions (if you have them), cooked, then thickened with an almost burnt roux, (sp?) vinegar and salt and pepper added at the end. I love it but wouldn't serve it to you unless I was demonstrating depression dishes for you. It's an acquired taste.
Another one was, crisped butter bread cubes, mixed with scrambed eggs, macaroni, served with ketchup.
We also ate canned baked bean sandwiches growing up, 4 kids and not too much money though I'm not sure if that one came from grandma or not.
I can't get the spelling of the next one right, but, both grandmother's made something called muchnick (MOOCHnick), one made it savory and the other made it sweet, it's yukoslavian or german, both were yukoslavian. Some kind of flour thickened milk or water mixture, like a pudding, breakfast or sidedish. I wish I knew more about it but maybe someone here knows about it.

I'd also never serve guests our fake pizza--bread slices spread with pizza sauce, pizza toppings and cheese, baked until golden, which we had last night!
Thanks for reading my longwinded reply. It's amazing what we eat behind closed doors. :LOL: ~Bliss

I love Whtie Castle. I used to hit the one on Rt 17 by rt 46 in NJ.

oh man, the ending of many drunken nights have been spent there.

i don't think that i'm embarrassed about anything that i eat. i don't care what other people think about the grub that enters my gob. so long as i chew with my mouth closed, and wipe the flavor savors from my beard and cookie duster...:)

DH and I both love potato chips dipped in cottage cheese. That's how I knew we were meant for each other...my favorite comfort food is something my mom used to make: hamburger and cream of mushrooom soup on rice. She used minute rice - I have dressed it up a bit by adding chopped onion, mushrooms and using real rice. This must be served with canned green beans. Another cool thing she used to do: take a can of corned beef and cook it with onions and fried potatoes...you got hash! Gotta have ketchup with it.

Oh gosh, I have gotten some good ideas from this thread...Babe, I love the idea of your bean sandwiches. I'm going to try them soon.

DH and I both love potato chips dipped in cottage cheese. That's how I knew we were meant for each other...my favorite comfort food is something my mom used to make: hamburger and cream of mushrooom soup on rice. She used minute rice - I have dressed it up a bit by adding chopped onion, mushrooms and using real rice. This must be served with canned green beans. Another cool thing she used to do: take a can of corned beef and cook it with onions and fried potatoes...you got hash! Gotta have ketchup with it.

Oh gosh, I have gotten some good ideas from this thread...Babe, I love the idea of your bean sandwiches. I'm going to try them soon.

:) I know in Mexico you can get black bean sandwiches. Right?

Me too. Speaking of cottage cheese, I like to sprinkle some seasoned salt on it and eat it with marinated artichoke hearts. I don't know why, but the two are so good together.

Back
Top Bottom