Don't Be Embarrassed!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guess what talking about this made me make for dinner!!! I made tonight a Manwich night!!:LOL: My DD is chowin down like no tomorrow right now!:)

A nice big Peanut butter and Banana Sandwich, on fresh whole wheat, with a tall glass of really cold milk. YUM!

white bean sandwiches are my down fall. little mayo on the bread, lightly smushed beans and a big slice of purple onion. don't know anyone that even eats it.

My father in law used to eat white bean sandwiches, and even fried potato sandwiches. And Paula Deen made bean patties made from left-over ham and beans on one of her shows.

As for me, I like to eat salmon right out of the can. I also like cold tuna casserole or mac & cheese.

white bean sandwiches are my down fall. little mayo on the bread, lightly smushed beans and a big slice of purple onion. don't know anyone that even eats it.

I have never heard of that. How in the world did you come up with it?

that was depression food, i read 'bout that in a depression book. they sound yummy to me.

Oh, franks and beans, to be sure! I even embarrass myself when I eat it.:blush: You stand there, cutting up hot dogs and think to yourself "how would I ever explain this to friends?"...yet you keep cutting and then stirring because it's just soooooooooooo good...

Creamed eggs on toast. 4-6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced added to cream of celery soup w/milk. Pour over toast. My mom used to make us this when we were home sick. It looks yucky but tastes good!!

Also cream of celery soup, milk, tuna fish served over Minute Rice. Comfort food for me!!

Barb

Thanks for the idea! I was given the recipe for Eggs Goldenrod earlier this year (I think), which is basically the same thing in a white sauce (milk added to a rue), but adding the eggs to soup would be even easier. mmmm, cream of asparagus for me :) I love creamed asparagus on toast anyway, but asparagus is so dang expensive now :mad:

Oh, my answer? Nothing. I'm not embarrassed by anything I eat. Party pooper, I know :rolleyes: I'll canned veggies, boxed mac and cheese ("crap in a box"), sauce from a jar. I've been know to smear some sardines in oil on a piece of white bread.....
I'm not saying I would make these for anyone, but I'm certainly not embarrassed to eat them.

franks and beans, fried fish and tartar sauce (good or bad), pizza good or bad, and cheese...even processed.

First, it's hard for me to be embarrassed about what I eat. I grew up enjoying homemade souse made from pork snouts, tails, ears, tails, feet and hocks. Can you spell Y U M M O???:LOL: More delicious than that, I LOVE goose liver, mayo & a thick slice of onion on white bread. OMG, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Joe

:LOL: More delicious than that, I LOVE goose liver, mayo & a thick slice of onion on white bread. OMG, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Joe

I love gooseliver with mayo also.....I'll have to try the onion next time. I put lettuce on mine for the crunch, I guess the onion would do the same. Thanks Joe.

Barb

When I was a kid my Dads spaghetti was simply Lawry's sauce in the envelope with ground beef......it was always a favorite. And every blue moon I make it just because. It shouldn't even be called spaghetti I know, but it still tastes good to me. Maybe because I have a weakness for salty things!:LOL: But I would never for the life of me make it for a guest!!

A slice of goo bread (storebought.... that 's what my dad calls it) with just some Hellman's (no other!) mayo on it.
My bro and I always called it mayo bread.
Hmmm.... and I wonder why this last 10 lbs won't go away!

I am not so much embarrassed about what I eat as how much I eat. I take up a good area at lunch and everyone loves to tease me about it. Oh well.

Diced pieces of salt pork, rendered, then poured, with the liquid fat, over diced onions in a bowl.

Then cooled to solid fat.

Smeared on a piece of seeded rye bread. My mother has hers with mustard; my aunt has hers with ketchup; I have mine plain.

The stuff is pronounced "squarkie" by my Polish relatives, but I have no idea how it is spelled or how it is translated.

Absolutely delicious, but I probably think so because I was brought up on it.

Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom