Don't Be Embarrassed!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
What is something you LOVE to eat but would be embarrassed to either admit to, or cook for a guest??!!:blush::mrgreen:

Mine would be Sloppy Joes over rice.....I love the stuff! But of course would never make it for anyone other than myself or my daughter!

My favourite meal when I was on my own was a frozen beef pattie with a process cheese slice, Minute Rice (yes, that's right) and frozen peas. I would sometimes make it four times in a week! Haven't had it since and would be embarassed to even pick up a box of Minute Rice since I now make pilafs, risottos, etc.!

I am still known to buy instant rice from time to time even though I swear by my rice cooker.....Trader Joes microwave Jasmine rice is AWSOME!! Only 3 minutes to cook!

I will always be a big fan of of PB&J!

I guess another one for me I always feel silly making is Chocolate milk!!:-p

Back in the day DH and I would dine on Minute Rice with cream of chicken soup mixed in and a bit of milk. That's it! It would be dinner for us! Of course since kids came along and I started cooking healthier for them, we haven't had that for years. Would never consider making it for anyone else. Now I only make "real rice". Last time I bought some Minute Rice, we both disliked the flavor and texture now.

Every now and then I just have to have a Vienna sausage or some Beefaroni...for my own personal consumption. in a dark room with no one home :blush: :ermm:

Chef Boy-Ar-Dee Mini Ravioli with buttered white bread :blush: And I'm still unhappy that Kraft discontinued the spaghetti in a box that came with a can of sauce - I hate the stuff in the envelope they have now. I used to make that for my sister and brother and myself when I was in middle school; sometimes my mom worked late and my dad was coaching swimming, and that was easy for me to make. :rolleyes:

Well, it used to be Spaghetti-O's, but I grew out of that a few years ago (like 3). What I do like to eat are those little round colored sprinkles that are made out of pure sugar. I know, it's not even a meal.

My dad ( an accountant) once was making a house call to one of his clients, who was the owner and head chef at a very successful, high quality New York City restaurant. As the guy opened his door, my father noticed he was eating Spagettios right out of the can. When my dad questioned why he was eating them given his repuataiont, the guys reply was " Im eating them because they are good !! "

I always loved that story, because sometimes, cheap, crappy fast food stuff just tastes good ( and without the trouble).

As for me, Chef Boyardee cheese ravioli ( not cooked, right out of he can)

Campbells vegetarian vegetable soup ( with wine, butter, mushrooms and egg noodles added) served on top of the ends of a white bread that no one eats.

Peanut butter and fluff sandwiches

Lipton pasta and rice side dishes.

Well, it used to be Spaghetti-O's, but I grew out of that a few years ago (like 3). What I do like to eat are those little round colored sprinkles that are made out of pure sugar. I know, it's not even a meal.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:I seem to have a hard time keeping chocolate chips on hand. I buy them in 2kg bags and keep them in the freezer and every time I go to use them there is hardly any left! I think there is someone in my household how has a sweet tooth as well! It is not me because too much chocolate gives me a migraine!:rolleyes:

A can of Sardines....slice of onion....red rind cheese...crackers. Maybe some pepper/hot sauce....Embarrassed???? Nah!!........ Wanna Kiss???:kiss:

Franco-American (now Campbell's) spaghetti in a can. But I need to heat it. My mom used to saute onions and green peppers and ground beef, then add a can of that spaghetti. I thought that was what spaghetti was supposed to be, until I grew up. But I still love the stuff in the can, especially when I'm depressed. I always keep a can of it in the pantry.

Creamed eggs on toast. 4-6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced added to cream of celery soup w/milk. Pour over toast. My mom used to make us this when we were home sick. It looks yucky but tastes good!!

Also cream of celery soup, milk, tuna fish served over Minute Rice. Comfort food for me!!

Barb

Hamburger Helper, bacon cheeseburger!! LOL I love it!! I also liked the Tuna helper that isn't out any longer, that was augratin and had crunchies on top of it.

Smores...hee hee...but then all my friends found out I like them. I probably wouldn't serve it unless my guests were kids.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom