Don't Be Shy. What's for Dinner? 12/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have a big ripe tomato and some lettuce. There's a mostly full jar of Hellmanns Real Mayonnaise and a loaf of scali bread. I am defrosting two pounds of bacon.

Any thoughts?

Close, Steve. We're having BLTs.

What are you having for dinner?
Yeah, that was my next suggestion.

I have no idea yet what we are having for dinner. I took advantage of a great deal on strip steak and was going to make beef stroganoff. Vegetarian daughter was going out with friends, so I didn't have to plan around her. Now her plans have changed and she will be eating with us. So I have to do a complete 180 and come up with something we all can eat.

I remember the days when everything was simple.

I've got a pot of split pea soup with chopped carrots, onions, and smoked pork neck meat simmering on the stovetop. Corn bread on the side. :yum:

You make your SPS like I do Cheryl..it's the best ever! If we sold ours it would put gaggy Anderson's Split Pea soup out of business. Good golly, they actually sell that tasteless slop in cans and it's unbelievable people actually buy it!

I'm doing http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/filet-de-porc-facile-aux-herbes-de-provence-la-kayelle-90863.html
again with baked potatoes and steamed broccolini.

I still have a couple of the old Anderson soup plates with Hap-pea and Pea-wee! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

mJI6s7_e1dzhVD2jtm3KkEw.jpg

Roast chicken and cabbage salad at my house tonight.

Looks good, kgirl...I love a good beef stew! Will have to put that on the menu soon now that it's getting colder. :yum:

Kay...agree with you about Anderson's. I've never tried the canned but I've seen it before. It doesn't have any texture or goodies in it at all. :ermm:

Aunt Bea, those bowls are cute, though. :)

For the last two nights I've been using an online coupon for Dominos pizza and driving 8 minutes to get a large sausage, mushroom and black olives pizza for about $8.50. yum

Winner, Winner, Pork Stew Dinner!

All my work yesterday paid off today in one scrumptious dinner. The "Classic Pork Stew" recipe I tried tasted so good, it will be worth making it again. And again. I fixed some green beans to go with it (cleaning out before vacation) and spirited away about 1 1/2 quarts to use for a meal when we get back home.

Attachments

• 2014-12-18 21.07.56.jpg
    2014-12-18 21.07.56.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 184
We are having meatball and sausage subs from the left over sauce I made on Wednesday.
Was supposed to be last nights dinner, but I took ill for some unknown reason.

Back
Top Bottom