Double Holiday cooking 10/12/2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a beautiful early Fall day. Bright blue skies and a temperature in the 70s. I'm grilling burgers tonight. Cheeseburgers with bacon, provolone, tomato, onion and mayonnaise.

And Happy Indigenous Peoples Day! Still have turkey coming out my ears. Thinking of making a couple of Thanksgiving casseroles, one for tonight and one for the freezer for Thanksgiving in July.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful early Fall day. Bright blue skies and a temperature in the 70s. I'm grilling burgers tonight. Cheeseburgers with bacon, provolone, tomato, onion and mayonnaise.

Change in plans. No ground beef in the house. So I'll be grilling chicken wings tonight. We'll have a salad too.

I don't think I posted yesterday's dinner. We had pan-grilled-then-baked chicken, potato salad, baked beans and green salad topped with grilled veggies.

I saved the chicken juices, so tonight we'll have chicken with gravy over rice with the leftover salad. Tomorrow we'll have the leftover potato salad with something else.

Pork chops in a mushroom sauce.
Steamed baked potatoes.
Cardamom sweet potatoes.
Jalapeño poppers.
Homemade bread from Saturday.
Whole wheat sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies.

And Happy Indigenous Peoples Day......

+1...!!

-----------------------

Not much for dinner here, if anything. Daughter, grandson and I went out for lunch today and stuffed ourselves with huge salads, shrimp, beer battered fish, and corn muffins. I'm still full. :)

Tasso pasta without the pasta, used the spiralizer.

Oops, tried to use the new phone to post and didn't get it all in. I'll have to re-work the recipe a bit or add in just a little bit of pasta or biscuits to soak up the sauce. It was still a bit runny though I reduced it quite a lot. Veges just don't work the same as a starch as far as soaking up a sauce.

We scrounged for supper because we drove home from visiting the in-laws for Thanksgiving. We had Thanksgiving supper yesterday.

We had our daily salad, plus stuffed baked potatoes. Haven't had those for a while, so they tasted extra-good. :yum: Used Greek yoghurt across the top rather than the usual sour cream to save on calories. Couldn't even tell the difference.

Attachments

• 2015-10-12 20.47.15.jpg
    2015-10-12 20.47.15.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 2015-10-12 21.36.48.jpg
    2015-10-12 21.36.48.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 146
Those look delicious, CG. :yum: You've just inspired me to decide what's for dinner this afternoon - a loaded up salad. I love stuffed baked potatoes, too. Had one the other day topped with broccoli and a homemade cheddar cheese sauce. Yum. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom