Dream Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, he's got us all beat on that one.....

but is there good shopping nearby? That way your DW & I could go shopping and get our nails done afterward. ;)

Okay Middie - my car seats 5......

Ya know, hearing about Goodweed's growing up reminded me of my own G&G. Grandma (now around 90) would pick BIG figs off of her unbelievably productive tree, skin 'em, and put them in a bowl. Then, she'd top it with half & half & sprinkle sugar on top. Grandpa (now in heaven) would make toast out of squaw bread & then slather peanut butter and sliced bananas on top. There would also be hot cocoa.
What I wouldn't give for another of their breakfasts!

My dad doesn't cook much, but he can make pretty good french toast.
But his specialty (to this day) is Fresh Sourdough toast with butter, topped with "avocado dip", which consists of Haas Avos, miracle whip, a few drops of lemon juice, & a shake of tabasco.
Whenever I'm there, I look forward to that one!!!

jkath said:
yeah, he's got us all beat on that one.....

but is there good shopping nearby? That way your DW & I could go shopping and get our nails done afterward. ;)

lol, she would love that. she's getting a liitle nuts from staying in with the baby all day every day. she needs to get out anddo girly stuff. believe me, she should be a professional shopper. it's like she has an internal gps or radar or something for locating stores in a mall... kinda like the way a migrating bird makes it to the feeding grounds every year.

my great grandmother never really did big breakfasts but when she did... look out. she made her own jams and her own butter and served it with eggs biscuits and toast.

my grandmother always made fried eggs, toast, corned beef hash and served it with sliced tomatoes and hot banana peppers.

It's too cold here. We need to go to Wasabi's and have our ultimate breadfast on the beach, or close to it. Remember, no swimming for an hour after you eat. And watch the rip tides, unless you've got some scuba gear and want them to carry you out to your dive site. :D

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

after eating all of that, we wouldn't need weight belts to sink to the bottom!
do grass skirts have a stretchy waistband?

ummm, i can see the sign on the roadside now. "wasabi's birthday suit beach and breakfast stand"...

Mine is chilaquiles (chopped, fried tortillas in spicy tomato sauce) with a sprinkle of salty cheese on top and maybe some scrambled eggs taking up the other half of the plate. With salad. Yes, I like salad with my breakfast and got into a fight at macdonalds once for trying to request some with my egg burrito.

:oops:

really crispy peppered bacon w/ maple syrup
sweet multigrain toast w/ lots of melted butter and boysenberry jam
whole milk
not a big eater. :)

I went to Big Boys today to pig out on the buffet. Every time I do this I say.....NEVER AGAIN :!: .....but I find myself doin it again and again. This is what I usually stuff my fat butt with.

buscuit with sausage Gravy
8 slices bacon
hash browns x 2 with sausage gravy
8 links sausage
rye toast

Back
Top Bottom