Easter Appetizers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We are having several appies for Easter, Care to share what you're planning?
Of course we will have Avocado dip,with sliced baguette, a favorite of my dad, then deviled eggs with bacon, icy cold shrimp with a horseradish cocktail sauce, Tomato and basil bruschetta, proscuitto wrapped melon, marinated olives wit marjoram and orange. I know this seems like a lot but there will be about 15 -20 of us not counting the kids. Figs and apricots stuffed with mascarpone then drizzled with honey, abd mushrooms stuffed with prosciutto, and gorgonzola with walnuts on endive..Do you think this will hold em til dinner?:ohmy:
THE END:LOL:

My sister is coming over about 3 on Saturday, which is when we are celebrating our family Easter and Dad is taking us out. My SIL and her hubby may be coming as well but I am not sure yet and they will only stay for the afternoon and have their own dinner plans.

So, for the afternoon I am planning asparagus puffs, made with prosciutto and puff pastry, shrimp ring with home made sauce, homemade sausage rolls, brie wrapped in phyllo with ginger marmalade, meat and cheese platter and some assorted tarts and cookies. Dad is adding his usual large supply of cashews!

My sister is coming over about 3 on Saturday, which is when we are celebrating our family Easter and Dad is taking us out. My SIL and her hubby may be coming as well but I am not sure yet and they will only stay for the afternoon and have their own dinner plans.

So, for the afternoon I am planning asparagus puffs, made with prosciutto and puff pastry, shrimp ring with home made sauce, homemade sausage rolls, brie wrapped in phyllo with ginger marmalade, meat and cheese platter and some assorted tarts and cookies. Dad is adding his usual large supply of cashews!
I like the sound of the brie and ginger marmalade. Yummm
Have a happy Easter Laurie
cj

I like the sound of the brie and ginger marmalade. Yummm
Have a happy Easter Laurie
cj

Thanks, cj, and a very happy Easter to you as well. I love your appies - but then I always do! :)

I take a small wheel of brie, with the rind on, and place it on four squares of phyllo stacked with butter. I get this wonderful ginger marmalade from a local grocery store that has a lot of different and imported products. I cover the top of the brie with it, wrap the phyllo around, using butter to seal it and bake at 350 until it is brown and bubbly. I serve it warm with or without crackers. I have used whole cranberry sauce and apricot preserves as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom