Easter Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had our family together at my house, Honey Baked ham, plus their roasted sliced turkey, roasted asparagus, egg casserole (daughter in law) bran muffins, fresh fruit roasted potatoes and lemon cake. did not care for the honey baked turkey. Oh and of course bloody mary's while the kids hunted for eggs.

Jeff, thanks for the opinion on Marie Callendar's pumpkin pie. My grocery store bakery used to make the best pumpkin pies, but I think they have a new baker - the crusts are thicker than before and that spoils it for me. I've made them since, but it's nice to know there is a quick alternative because my grandson could eat pumpkin pie all year.
Not a problem. The crust was so good I ended up tiding up the pie pan by eating the crumbs. Good toasty, flaky crust!! I did bake it a might longer than recommended. I like my pumpkin pie firm!

Easter Dinner

We had boneless roast lamb roasted on the grill. It was marinaded overnight in honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, pepper, rosemary, and lemon juice. We made a Greek string bean dish that had potatoes, tomatoes, onions and parsley in it. We also had fresh bread and fresh butter, a tropical fruit salad, pickled beets, and Easter eggs! It was very informal with just the two of us.

Here is a picture:
Easter Dinner II.jpg

~Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom