"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Everymom

Easter Dinner?

Well for us its all about turkey. MMMMMM! Turkey, stuffing, potatoes (mashed this time), coleslaw, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce, maybe something green beany, and for dessert apple pie and cheesecake. I haven't decided what kind of cheesecake yet. I'm contemplating caramel and coffee and chocolate in my kitchen.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

It seems I'm feeding the Fussy family this year. I was told, no turkey, no ham. Pork is out of the question because someone doesn't like pork. Someone suggested chicken marsala but someone else hates mushrooms and shallots.

So, I'm going with a sirloin strip roast, twice baked potatoes (SO hates those so she's getting a once baked potato) and tossed salad. For dessert, I made Alix's lemon bars and SO is making a chocolate cake because someone else doesn't like fruit deserts.

Welcome to my personal Hell.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
Everymom

Holy moly. That is pretty restrictive. Sounds delicious though. I know that no matter what boundaries they put on you Andy it will be a meal to remember.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
Executive Chef

We have some that are rather picky too, but I've come up with a pretty basic menu. We will have baked ham, sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese (the real stuff, not the box) roast asparagus, green salad, sister rolls, coconut cake and brownies. I don't usually make two starchy sides, but some want sweet potatoes with the ham and some want mac and cheese. We are attending the 8 o'clock service so I'll have plenty of time to do the cooking.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

We made it an easy one this year...Tons of appy's for the pickies, then for family after the pickies depart we will have prime rib, mashed potatoes with garlic softened and then mashed and added to the potatoes with lots of butter, roasted asparagus,with crispy prosciutto on top, fruit salad and a green salad rolls which are doing a slow rise, I made Katie E's dark devils food cake and will have ice cream to go with it.
On that note Happy Easter my friends
kades
Old 04-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I am making baked ham, scalloped potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus, brussel sprouts, carrots, and maybe a small spinach salad.

I usually don't make two potato dishes but everyone likes leftover scalloped potatos and ham the day after.

Oh, and strawberries over angel food cake for desert.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Whichever restaurant has the shortest line.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
It seems I'm feeding the Fussy family this year. I was told, no turkey, no ham. Pork is out of the question because someone doesn't like pork. Someone suggested chicken marsala but someone else hates mushrooms and shallots.

So, I'm going with a sirloin strip roast, twice baked potatoes (SO hates those so she's getting a once baked potato) and tossed salad. For dessert, I made Alix's lemon bars and SO is making a chocolate cake because someone else doesn't like fruit deserts.

Welcome to my personal Hell.

I am avoiding that. I am making a Stuffed Ham, Mac Salad, Three Bean Salad, Deviled Eggs, Onion Mustard Rolls and Coconut Cake for ME!!! I didn't invite my family this year.
I am making what I want this time. I am the only one who likes Stuffed Ham, Mac Salad. Only one other will eat Three Bean Salad. One doesn't eat meat. One will not eat veggies. One will only eat corn, carrots, peas and green beans. One doesn't like cake(who doesn't like cake??), the others don't like Coconut. None of them would eat the rolls if they knew what was in them. We all eat Deviled Eggs!! So this expence and trouble I am going through is for ME!!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

my granddaughter invited me for dinner. she is serving spaghetti. don't think i can make it. breathing problems and leg problems.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #10
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
Whichever restaurant has the shortest line.
LOL! Please make sure you share what you had and where.