Easter Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well for us its all about turkey. MMMMMM! Turkey, stuffing, potatoes (mashed this time), coleslaw, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce, maybe something green beany, and for dessert apple pie and cheesecake. I haven't decided what kind of cheesecake yet. I'm contemplating caramel and coffee and chocolate in my kitchen.

It seems I'm feeding the Fussy family this year. I was told, no turkey, no ham. Pork is out of the question because someone doesn't like pork. Someone suggested chicken marsala but someone else hates mushrooms and shallots.

So, I'm going with a sirloin strip roast, twice baked potatoes (SO hates those so she's getting a once baked potato) and tossed salad. For dessert, I made Alix's lemon bars and SO is making a chocolate cake because someone else doesn't like fruit deserts.

Welcome to my personal Hell.

Holy moly. That is pretty restrictive. Sounds delicious though. I know that no matter what boundaries they put on you Andy it will be a meal to remember.

We have some that are rather picky too, but I've come up with a pretty basic menu. We will have baked ham, sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese (the real stuff, not the box) roast asparagus, green salad, sister rolls, coconut cake and brownies. I don't usually make two starchy sides, but some want sweet potatoes with the ham and some want mac and cheese. We are attending the 8 o'clock service so I'll have plenty of time to do the cooking.

We made it an easy one this year...Tons of appy's for the pickies, then for family after the pickies depart we will have prime rib, mashed potatoes with garlic softened and then mashed and added to the potatoes with lots of butter, roasted asparagus,with crispy prosciutto on top, fruit salad and a green salad rolls which are doing a slow rise, I made Katie E's dark devils food cake and will have ice cream to go with it.
On that note Happy Easter my friends
kades:)

I am making baked ham, scalloped potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus, brussel sprouts, carrots, and maybe a small spinach salad.

I usually don't make two potato dishes but everyone likes leftover scalloped potatos and ham the day after.

Oh, and strawberries over angel food cake for desert.

Last edited:
It seems I'm feeding the Fussy family this year. I was told, no turkey, no ham. Pork is out of the question because someone doesn't like pork. Someone suggested chicken marsala but someone else hates mushrooms and shallots.

So, I'm going with a sirloin strip roast, twice baked potatoes (SO hates those so she's getting a once baked potato) and tossed salad. For dessert, I made Alix's lemon bars and SO is making a chocolate cake because someone else doesn't like fruit deserts.

Welcome to my personal Hell.

I am avoiding that. I am making a Stuffed Ham, Mac Salad, Three Bean Salad, Deviled Eggs, Onion Mustard Rolls and Coconut Cake for ME!!! I didn't invite my family this year.
I am making what I want this time. I am the only one who likes Stuffed Ham, Mac Salad. Only one other will eat Three Bean Salad. One doesn't eat meat. One will not eat veggies. One will only eat corn, carrots, peas and green beans. One doesn't like cake(who doesn't like cake??), the others don't like Coconut. None of them would eat the rolls if they knew what was in them. We all eat Deviled Eggs!! So this expence and trouble I am going through is for ME!!!!:pig:

my bro/SIL hosting this easter. we got some cheddar chips & french onion dip, for snacking. we're cooking a spiral-cut ham, smashed taters, other items unknown. i got a basket made of bread & there's a variety of breads in that. daquiris & margaritas. oreo pie for dessert.

...I am the only one who likes Stuffed Ham, Mac Salad. Only one other will eat Three Bean Salad. One doesn't eat meat. One will not eat veggies. One will only eat corn, carrots, peas and green beans. One doesn't like cake(who doesn't like cake??), the others don't like Coconut. None of them would eat the rolls if they knew what was in them. We all eat Deviled Eggs!! So this expence and trouble I am going through is for ME!!!!:pig:

Brava! Have a great time with all your favorites! I feel your pain.

crabmeat-stuffed 'shrooms, too! i'm just gonna stuff the caps using lump crabmeat, mayonnaise, old-bay, a few crumbs if the stuffing is too loose.
a piece of butter on them, bake for a few, then sliced provolone, bake a couple minutes further. lemony-deliciousness for squeezing onto them.

I will be hoofing it down to the neighbors about 1:00 pm...she said it will be an odd selection of foods, she polled all family attending as to their favorite dish, and that is what she is making.....the only thing she mentioned was she baked off a turkey yesterday for sandwiches today...so I just started some ww sandwich rolls dough in the bread machine to take...and the neighbor is famous for her strawberry rhubarb pie so I expect some of that too...

My sister's hosting this year. She said she'd bake a ham. It's one of the few meats my niece can eat! It's potluck for the sides. I'm taking hashbrown casserole. Don't know what anyone else is bringing but they all know what I'm doing so there won't be any duplicates. Sis will have some kind of cake as well since we will celebrate April birthdays (we have 3) together today too.

I just rigged my Weber charcoal grill to operate as a smoker and after some test ribs in yesterday's great weather, today we have smoked Easter ham!

4490386750_27f1945f0d_o.jpg

We are having a ham, potato salad, sweet potatoes, greens, two different types of dressing, two differents kinds of deviled eggs, rolls & a watergate salad..yummy!!

Back
Top Bottom