Easter Menu 4/21/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
We are about to leave and join our family for Easter brunch at my older son's house. I've made a French Toast casserole to add to the menu.
Don't know what we'll do about dinner yet.

What are your food plans today?

I had dinner for 14 planned but had to cancel a couple of days ago because we had too much going on with the water in the basement, bathroom construction behind schedule, etc..I will still bake a ham, scalloped potatoes, veggies as we have the ham here..There will only be three of us now and I probably won't eve set the table..I have a turkey thawed but will bring it to work tomorrow and cook it off there and do something with it later..

I'm going to use the leftover lamb meatballs from last night and make the Turkish meatball soup with sumac broth. I'll make a salad to go with it and heat up the last two dinner rolls I made from no-knead bread.

I have been running a fever for the last 4 days. Yesterday was the highest 103.5 F. So Good Friday and Easter meals were pared down. Actually Good Friday was a smaller version and last night. I haven't been eating much.

The DD's helped me with the cheesecake today. Hopefully I will be able to make Mom's Easter meat pie later.
The planned Easter dinner will be divided. Today will be braised lamb loin chops, steamed asparagus and pasta shells in creamy garlic sauce.
Stuffed artichokes, green bean salad and spinach salad will be tomorrow's dinner. And hopefully Easter meat pie.

For appetizers we had deviled eggs, cheese and bacon dip with crackers and fresh strawberries with a cream cheese and marshmallow Fluff dipping sauce (it tasted WAY better than it sounds).

I made pork chops stuffed with feta and spinach, Lyonnaise potatoes and asparagus.

Dessert was a chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache topping and ice cream.

With it being just the two of us, I alternated kitchen puttering and book reading. I made deviled eggs and cooked some shrimp, put them on a relish tray with grape tomatoes and olives. Dinner was a pork loin rubbed with rosemary and garlic, potato wedges roasted with the meat, and green beans with a lemon parsley butter and a dusting of chopped Marcona almonds. No dessert unless you count a copious amount of Chardonnay. :mrgreen:

IMG_20190421_162929904_HDR.jpgIMG_20190421_202722144_HDR.jpg

Easter Dinner at Outback Steakhouse.... Ugh !

I feel your pain. Order some bloomin' onions and some dried out chicken -- and lots of booze. You can order a steak if you have good teeth and a strong jaw. If you order it rare, it will only be slightly overcooked. It will still be dry and tough.

When I die, if I go to hell, it will be an Outback Steakhouse.

CD

Low and slow smoked baby-back ribs here at the doghouse. Tater salad on the side.

Happy Easter!

CD

Well with the help of my DD's today was very productive. Although dinner was a bit late because I needed to take my time it was very good. Some dishes will be postponed till tomorrow.

Easter Candy basket and dyed the eggs this morning.

easter_basket_042019_IMG_6656.JPG

dyed_eggs_042019_IMG_6653.JPG

Pizzagaina (Italian Easter Meat Pie)
4 Mini pies and 1 large ready for baking

uncooked_meat_pies_042019_1_IMG_5596.jpg

uncooked_meat_pies_042019_2_IMG_5595.jpg

I only got a picture of the large baked pie

cooked_meat_pie_042019_IMG_5601.jpg

Easter dinner

easter_dinner_042019_IMG_5599.jpg

Cheesecake for dessert

cheesecake_042019_IMG_5605.JPG

We had breakfast for supper - scrambled eggs omelette, breakfast sausages, and toast. We're heathens, so we don't celebrate Easter.

I felt lousy all day yesterday. I was planning on making the boneless lamb roast and roasted potato slices with parmesan cheese. I finally felt better around four p.m. I wish Pirate had waited until I felt up to it. I had my meal on a small salad plate. Not hungry at all. Two small slices of the lamb and just a handful of the roasted potatoes. Pirate forgot to put the cheese on the taters. I managed to get most of my plate down. Leftovers for today. Hopefully it will all taste better today.

I feel your pain. Order some bloomin' onions and some dried out chicken -- and lots of booze. You can order a steak if you have good teeth and a strong jaw. If you order it rare, it will only be slightly overcooked. It will still be dry and tough.

When I die, if I go to hell, it will be an Outback Steakhouse.

CD

The Onion was fried to a crisp, and not in a good way - the Med. Rare Rib eye was about a quarter-inch thick and , yes, over-done (How can it NOT be, at that thickness) Salad had a Tomato dressing that was quite nice, and the beer was cold, and I didn't have to pay, which brought the grade up to a d+.... Spending time with family that you don't see often brings the grade to a c- ...

The Onion was fried to a crisp, and not in a good way - the Med. Rare Rib eye was about a quarter-inch thick and , yes, over-done (How can it NOT be, at that thickness) Salad had a Tomato dressing that was quite nice, and the beer was cold, and I didn't have to pay, which brought the grade up to a d+.... Spending time with family that you don't see often brings the grade to a c- ...

In the immortal words of Al Czervic (Rodney Dangerfield, Caddyshack), "This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it."

CD :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom