Easter Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I cook Easter dinner (not this year, going to my sister's home), I don't do a ham. My daughters don't care for ham and it's not a favorite of mine either.

We usually do a beef roast or sometimes a turkey. I would do either lyonnaise potatoes or rice pilaf and a spring veggie like asparagus.

My sister will do ham and a turkey, the same starches I mentioned above, a string bean dish or ratatouille for a veggie. There will be more desserts than you can count.

This'll be my first Easter without Buck and I'll be alone so I'm not sure what I'll do. I have a small turkey in the freezer that I didn't feel like cooking for Thanksgiving. I might cook that and make some of our favorite sides. That'll allow for lots of leftovers to sustain me later. We'll see.

My kids want ham soo we will have ham, ravioli,with a meat gravy, artichokes with evoo,parsley,garlic, garbanzos,fixed about the same, deviled eggs,green salad, fruit salad, before hand the foccacia,and antipasto platter will keep everyone happy..After strawberry shortcake and for the kids very large chocolate chip cookies with chocolate chip ice cream made into sandwiches...
I'm positive someone will have something else to add so I might be back:LOL: I was right, scratch the strawberry short cake they want me to make cream puffs instead.

kadesma

Last edited:
I am not cooking it, since we are going somewhere else, but usually it involves lots of polish sweet bread, ham, yams, probably some spinach pasta type of thing, maybe applesauce? I have never been a big fan of Easter dinner, lol. The sweet bread is the only reason I go, even if it is totally 100% against my diet!

Easter looks a lot like every other "feast". We do a turkey, stuffing, usually oven roasted potatoes, although I get nagged for mashed every so often. Then there is usually either asparagus, green bean casserole, brussels sprouts or something of that nature on the table. I will likely also do a steamed veggie (carrots with some dill maybe?) and my Dad's coleslaw. Dessert is usually pie and Easter chocolate melted down to dip strawberries into.

Appetizers: Vegetable Canapés
Baked Ham with Pommery Pineapple Sauce
Asparagus Salad with Feta-Walnut Mimosa
Marinated Carrots
Boursin Potatoes
Parker House Rolls
Dessert: Macadamia Cream Cake
:chef:

I know that I'm going to be making a Ham, with carrots and mashed potatoes. I'm just not sure what else as of yet. I know Easter is right around the corner and I have to figure out desert too. :ermm:

Sometimes I would like to have something else, but my family always wants ham so we will have that with sweet potato casserole, roasted asparagus, haven't decided on the salad, or dessert, but I saw a recipe for a buttermilk pie that I'm thinking about. Someone will want something chocolate so I may make either a derby pie or devil's food cake. We don't have a big menu - just try to cover the basics well.

My sons and I still laugh about the episode where Julia Child did RABBIT for easter. That was back when they were 5 and 7. One recipe was basically coq a vin but using rabbit instead of an old rooster - she also did a fried rabbit recipe.

Probably ham... I'll be driving back to school that day (2 hours), so maybe a brunch: biscuits and an egg dish maybe.

my Dad is cooking prime rib & i requested greenbean casserole. my Dad approves. yum.....

Well, I took the turkey out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator to thaw. So I suppose I'll have the turkey after all.

This afternoon I made the dough for potato-yeast rolls and cooked up a pan of homemade cranberry sauce. I've only ever had green bean casserole once in my life and luvs gave me the idea to add that to my menu.

What with the turkey stuffing and gravy, I think I'll have quite enough. Not sure if I'll even bother with dessert. I'll probably still have brownies left from the ones I made yesterday.

I am planning to make Lasagna , that is if I have enough energy. No company expected so it doesn't matter if the Lasagna gets made or not.

Pork Tenderloins from the Grill......
Fresh Roasted Asparagus - Some Prosciutto Wrapped......
Fried Apples....
Rotini Pasta Salad....
Yellow Squash Casserole....
Aunt Pauline's Rolls.....
Sour Cream Cake/Strawberries....

I finally decided and then forgot about this thread.
Twice smoked Ham on the Big Green Egg
Baked Pineapple
Tomato Pudding
Sauteed corn and Zucchini
Lemon Tart
Happy Easter Cooking Everyone !
C

My niece is doing a pork butt (have no idea how) but I'm sure potato salad will go with it - so that's my share.

It's just my husband & I, so we're going to have bought Pierogis with Sour Cream for a sort of lunch/appetizer, than later I'll be roasting a duck & serving it with cheese & spinach stuffed twice-baked potatoes, green beans almondine, a green salad, & hubby's favorite Pillsbury refrigerated rolls. He also picked up a frozen Key Lime pie for dessert. (Hubby graciously did all the shopping as I've been nursing a hacking cough from h*ll these past 3 weeks.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom