Easter Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My plans have been made for me this year. Since I am not up to cooking a big meal and my sister doesn't cook much anymore (plus Dad couldn't handle the drive to her place), Dad is taking us out for dinner on the Saturday. So I don't even have to do dishes! :)

We'll be having 19 (including David Paul and I) 10 of which will be spending the night either one or two nights!!! EEEEEKKKK!!! Am I crazy?

We do GREEKSTER instead of Easter so there will be lots of Greek foods.
Lamb and roasted taters for the main dish.
Green beans and tomatoes for one of the veggies (still thinking about another)
French bread
Greek Salad
Green Salad
Mac Salad
Pita
Salmon dip with bread
Cheese dip with chips and bread, it's a hot dip
Tzaki with veggies and chips
veggie tray with Uncle Dan's
Salsa and chips
AND DESSERT
Baklava
Lemon bars
Chocolate cup cakes with peanut butter frosting (mini sized)
Greek cookies a few different kinds
7 layer bars
coffee
ROLAIDS
TUMS

Nothing is written in stone yet...and I still have breakfasts and lunch and dinners to decide on.

YEP, I am answering my own question. I'm CRAZY!!!!!

I didn't see anyone suggest Lamb. I roast ham and lamb the day before and re-heat before serving.

We always have a traditional Russian meal with a few other things thrown in. Ham, kielbasa, cheese pascha, paska bread, egg cheese, horseradish, beets, etc. I like lamb so always have that also. I make things like broccoli salad, deviled eggs, fruit salad. I never cook Easter day, everything is prepared before. No work....just feast.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I'm the only one who likes lamb. My curse in life is that I am surrounded by loved ones who are fussy eaters.

Actually, I'd be right at home with your menu. As a kid we had very similar Easter meals.

I'm feeding 13 (counting me). Leg of lamb, roasted: dijon potatoes, garlic basil tomatoes, asparagus; yogurt tzadiki. Before hand: hummus, smoked salmon spread, cheeses, olives, grape leaves. Afterwords lemon meringue pie. There are two non red meat eating guests who will get a grilled fillet of salmon with sauted fennel.

As for the "I don't do mushrooms" thing-- if it's on your plate, you have the right to pick it out discretely and not eat it. But don't discuss it or make a scene, or you won't be coming back.(family or not) :) And no, I won't ask you, "Oh don't you like giraffe tongue?" if I find it left on the plate.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I'm the only one who likes lamb. My curse in life is that I am surrounded by loved ones who are fussy eaters.

Actually, I'd be right at home with your menu. As a kid we had very similar Easter meals.

Come on down and have a bite or three.:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom