Easter Sunday dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biev

Senior Cook
Are you all too busy eating chocolate to make a dinner thread tonight?
I completely forgot it was Easter today, and we had a dinner planned at my mother-in-laws. Luckily, I happened to go over there to bring her some macaroons we made too much of.

Dinner was delicious! We had a juicy turkey with gravy and cranberry jelly, pineapple ham, baked sweet potatoes that didn't need any sugar, macaroni and cheese, and an incredible chilled pie that had a graham cracker crust (not the premade kind), banana slices, and a mix of carnation milk and vanilla pudding, with whipped cream on top. People stuffed their faces so much tonight! I was tempted to have seconds but I didn't want to be a :pig:, we have had nonstop holidays and birthdays and weddings this month!

dh had to work today, so we celebrated easter yesterday. Tonight I had penne with sauteed mushrooms, wilted spinach, toasted pine nuts & diced ham. I mixed it all together with some goat cheese. I was happily surprized. dessert was choc kalhua mousse

Well we ended up tackling Easter Dinner here even without the kitchen finished. We had the standard Baked Ham Dinner and it turned out wonderful. My family from Michigan just now left to head back home. I'm sure going to miss them. The house is so quiet now with DH at work, kids at school and my brother and his kids gone now.

We spend the afternoon in Central Park with some friends, so after we went to a place on 94th and 3rd Ave called Fetch. I had wild mushroom stuffed ravioli with white wine cream sauce and baked apple and berry crumble for dessert.

Had dinner at friends...a savory baked ham (peppers and shallots...really a nice twist) mashies with peas, sweats, and asparagus. Very fine. I got the ham bone to take home for soup!

A freind made dinner -- she likes to take a lean pork loin and a fattier cut of beef and roast them together. New potatoes and peas in a cream sauce. Asparagus salad. There was a group of us. The food was great, and the company even better. There are several of us who take turns with all the holidays, since none of us have family living nearby, and we always have a good time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom