Eating the kids' leftovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
I was discussing a fine point of pudding with Corazon...and it seems we both are lid lickers when eating pudding from one of those little plastic cups with the foil lid.

I swear, the only reason I ever had those in the house to begin with was because of the ages of my children at the time.

I loved when my son or daughter asked for a grilled cheese sandwich. They didn't like the crust...but I loved it. I could make a lunch for myself just on their crusts.
I did the same with PBJ.

They never finished their french toast or their pancakes.

A room temperature bunch of french fries is do-able if you put enough ketchup on them.

I don't really mind the uniced bottom of a cupcake.

A chocolate chip cookie from the mall was always too big!

Nothing wrong with the dried ends of a chicken finger...

Am I the only one who has dined happily on her children's discards?? And, I gotta get some new kids...mine eat everything now.:-p

Love your Posts!...You should do a blog:chef:

And yes, I am guilty.....My girlfriends 3 children, along with my Son were all having lunch,(bbq) I asked her daughter if she was finished...she said yes....I reached for her plate......Sandy quickly repled "My Daughter, My Leftovers"!!! We laugh about it today.

(bread crusts rock!)

I didn't finish their leftovers unless it was fruit or something but man, I finished every pan that had 1/2 c of anything in it. Not enough to store and I hated to toss it. :pig:

I think that's when I started gaining weight - eating my son's scraps!!! OK, so I made him 2 sandwiches when I knew he could only eat a 1/2 of one :blush: :w00t2:

I use to do that when my kids were small..Times have changed however..I donot find french toast that has been beaten to death with a sippy cup and is ice cold and rather damp, appealing:LOL: Nor is any sammie that has been sucked on going into my mouth:ROFLMAO: You don't want to try eating a banana or what is left of it after Cason discards it...Cookies with out without chocolate chips are hard to collect and eat after sweeping them up off the floor where the kids crumbed them, the dogs likced them then walked away. Never but never, drink milk,tea,water after a kid has taken a big gulp of yours and left you a surprise:ohmy: So you see, I'm with Kitchenelf, make each kid double the amount of food, knowing full well, they will only eat a 1/2 and the rest is fair game.:ROFLMAO:

kadesma:angel:

All I have left at home is an 18y/o son. Leftovers, what are they? We have to plate up what we want from the get-go, because once the eating machine starts, he doesn't stop until it is all gone.:(

I put an end to the leftovers,I just ate there lunch for tommorow......................................................
WHY! LUNCHABLES....WHY!

j/k.

VeraBlue said:
A chocolate chip cookie from the mall was always too big!:-p
Ah, shoot! Who's gonna take care of that huge cookie?

I'm selective aoubt the leftovers of the kids food. I'm not really interested in water with floaties or slobbery zweibacks or pureed foods. I suppose that's what we have the dog for. :LOL: j/k

I do that now, with my grandson - there's times I don't even have to fix my own plate! I'll eat after the nine year old -but not the two year old ! lol

Last edited:
TexasTamale said:
Love your Posts!...You should do a blog:chef:

And yes, I am guilty.....My girlfriends 3 children, along with my Son were all having lunch,(bbq) I asked her daughter if she was finished...she said yes....I reached for her plate......Sandy quickly repled "My Daughter, My Leftovers"!!! We laugh about it today.

(bread crusts rock!)

No fair, she had three kids!

kitchenelf said:
I think that's when I started gaining weight - eating my son's scraps!!! OK, so I made him 2 sandwiches when I knew he could only eat a 1/2 of one :blush: :w00t2:

I know all about that 'baby fat' we all gained. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself...you at least were making the type of sandwich he liked, right?

TATTRAT said:
I put an end to the leftovers,I just ate there lunch for tommorow......................................................
WHY! LUNCHABLES....WHY! j/k.

When we were kids, before we could all begin dinner, my mother would take a portion of it to save for my father's lunch for the next day.

As for your question about lunchables.....my 18 year old daughter refers to lunchables as 'my mommy doesn't love mes'.

corazon90 said:
Ah, shoot! Who's gonna take care of that huge cookie?

I'm selective aoubt the leftovers of the kids food. I'm not really interested in water with floaties or slobbery zweibacks or pureed foods. I suppose that's what we have the dog for. :LOL: j/k

Hey, I had my limits to!!:LOL::LOL: I never ever touched their left over beverages.

Barb L said:
I do that now, with my grandson - there's times I don't even have to fix my own plate! I'll eat after the nine year old -but not the two year old ! lol

The 9 year old has a more discerning palate, right?:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom