Ehhhh... What's for dinner, doc? Thu, Jan 11 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GG, I applaud you for trying to make "epi". You are a braver woman than I! However, your bread looks like dinner rolls stuck together. Sorry! The way the woman at the bakery explained it, you form a baguette, then cut the individual "grains" into the stalk, gently pulling the dough forward on an angle. Maybe that helps you with your next attempt? You know I'm not going to shut up and do it myself! :LOL:

We went house hunting today. Looked at 3 houses. Then stopped at Mission BBQ on the way home. Good food!
I've heard nothing but good about Mission BBQ. Alas, we don't have one near us. Now, about house shopping. Looking to move-move? Or just something different in your general area. Nosy Inquisitive minds want to know...

Mama Cozzi made our dinner tonight...with a little baking help from me. In case the name doesn't sound familiar, it is the Aldi brand of their take-and-bake pizza. 16 inches, $6.49 for a deluxe (pepperoni, sausage, onion, green/red peppers, olives). It does need a little more cheese, so I grated almost 1/4 pound of Galbani mozzarella over the top. Best cheap pizza around, and a nice convenience on a night I knew I wasn't going to have time to make a real meal.

GG, I applaud you for trying to make "epi". You are a braver woman than I! However, your bread looks like dinner rolls stuck together. Sorry! The way the woman at the bakery explained it, you form a baguette, then cut the individual "grains" into the stalk, gently pulling the dough forward on an angle. Maybe that helps you with your next attempt? You know I'm not going to shut up and do it myself! [emoji38]

Hey, I'm still learning! This was only my second attempt. My mistake was forming it on a sheet pan, then trying to move it to parchment paper. I watched a few videos and I'll try it again in a few days. It's fun to learn something new [emoji2]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom