Ehhhh... What's for dinner, doc? Thu, Jan 11 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Yeah, I know it's still early in the day.

I've got a wascally wabbit I brined over night and will be putting in the sous vide a little later today. What's everyone else having?

Since I am running on one hour's sleep so far, I think dinner will depend on what I can get my care worker to start for me or get TB to bring home.

I am leaning towards having her get some chicken pieces roasting with potatoes (for TB) and veggies (for me).

PPot chicken breasts in a mushroom/onion gravy, over rice.. Steamed broccoli as the side..

Peach cobbler and ice cream for later..

Ross

Yeah, I know it's still early in the day.

I've got a wascally wabbit I brined over night and will be putting in the sous vide a little later today. What's everyone else having?

Ala shades of Glenn Close? :LOL:

I'm having the rest of the hamburger stroganoff I made last week. It's thawing now.

That was a fairly easy recipe to make and it tasted good, too. Although I suppose in the long run I could have just used the Hamburger Helper stroganoff, I think this tastes better and I sure get a lot more mileage out of it. Another experiment, and another keeper!:chef:

I really like that soup.

Have you made the Tom Yum soup (no coconut milk but with a chili sauce).

I like it too! I'll be cobbling it together as I don't have all the ingredients.

Tried Tom Yum at our local Thai restaurant, it was good, but I prefered Kah. I'd be up for a Tom Yum recipe though!

Last edited:
Tom kha soup with chicken.
Do have a recipe you prefer?

I've got a wascally wabbit I brined over night and will be putting in the sous vide a little later today...
Rabbit with Mustard Cream Sauce and Roasted Carrots (what else would you serve with Bugs Bunny, Doc? :LOL:)

Rather than braising the leg and forearm portions, which is what I normally do, I decided to instead cook them in the sous vide for about 5 hours (no need to do this with the loin pieces, as they don't usually come out tough). A little butter and Chardonnay in the cooking bag helped to tenderize them. Then I just pan seared them along with the reserved loins, made the sauce, and reheated the bunny in it. It came out nice and tender.

zstpT3U.jpg

Last edited:
Clean out the fridge night. We had 3 heirloom tomato halves, a little bit of dried/oven roasted tomato pesto, tiny fresh moz balls, so I made a sauce with the above plus some sautéed chopped onion, garlic, and white wine, served over pasta with parm. Turned out pretty good.

Enjoying the balmy weather (got up to 51 F today!), so had to do another grill dinner. Cheeseburgers and oven fries. Rain tomorrow, so indoor cooking on the way.

It is cold here, and I have plenty of cheese on hand, so I ran to the closest store, and grabbed some jalepeños to stuff. I haven't decided whether to wrap them in bacon and bake in the oven, or batter them and fry them.

CD

Since I am running on one hour's sleep so far, I think dinner will depend on what I can get my care worker to start for me or get TB to bring home.

I am leaning towards having her get some chicken pieces roasting with potatoes (for TB) and veggies (for me).

I had leftovers from last nights honey sesame chicken on rice. TB had Italian sausages, roasted potatoes, and raw veggies.

I made Greek shrimp in tomato sauce with feta and heated up the leftover green beans simmered with tomatoes and onions from last night. I also tried again to make pain d'epi (bread cut in the shape of a stalk of wheat). This was better than the first try [emoji38]
0111181950.jpg
0111181959a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom