"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #21
Sous Chef
Maybe I'll write you a little daily log of how it is! We live in the UK; cannot afford private medicine but to date my husband's referral and care has been very fast and very good. Our GP tells us that the Consultant is one of the best in his field in the UK.
Once again a HUGE thanks to all
http://These are for all of you

csalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #22
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Thanks for the lovely flowers Csalt... so sweet of you!!

Yes, we would really appreciate it if you could keep us posted when and if you can, but remember looking after yourselves and giving your beloved your support and love that he needs always come first!! And also remember our thoughts will be with you two!!

urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #23
Master Chef
Be glad that you live in the UK. Here, no matter how much you spend on insurance, no matter how much you've saved, and no matter how much military service you've given, you can still wind up in poverty at the other end of something like cancer. Many, many good wishes. Most men do well when it is caught early, but (wink, wink) they are also usually the biggest babies and milk it for what it is worth. As I've already told you, take care of yourself, or you are no good to anyone.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:21 AM   #24
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Csalt, I hope everything goes well. Please keep us posted.

ps-I, t oo, have gained weight, I blame it on everyone here! It's not funny!
Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #25
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
Csalt, I hope everything goes well. Please keep us posted.

ps-I, t oo, have gained weight, I blame it on everyone here! It's not funny!
It's good to find a scapegoat! everyone and everything else. However in my heart I know that's rubbish..it's sheer lack of will power..a great deal of it! on my part of course!
csalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #26
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by csalt
The few pounds I managed to lose are all safely back in place beacause I have resorted to " food fixes" which my body tells me will make me feel better whilst my brain knows perfectly well it wont.
This is because my husband has to have surgery for prostate cancer and we both feel somewhat 'concussed' by the news.

Both of us accept totally whatever is in God's plan for us but it still comes as something of a shock to the system..hence my craving for a chocolate fix!!
Silly woman! The good news is they do not think it has spread.

You are right Csalt, God's plan is in place and He is 'all control' and 'all knowing'. Praying right now for you and your husband.... <, done. Please pray especially fervently over the next several days and also, pray with your husband, it'll give him strength.

My cravings seem to be whatever I have on hand when stress strikes. My kitchen store is overflowing same as the two frigs and freezers. I adore chocolate. My friends know that so I have tons. Oh gee thanks friends I found a bar of it that a friend bought for me in Amsterdam that I'd put away in my glove box. 86 mile drive home makes a person hungry. Opening it, was a big mistake. So good. Also, chips and dip, chips and salsa, popcorn or bread, bread is a major oooopsie on this diet of mine.

...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote