Ever Have a Food Fight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
My family loves them. Once and awhile one of us flings a bean or some corn at someone and then the fun starts. We have had some real nasty messes to clean up. Talk about belly laughs. :LOL:

Once, just once! A food fight broke out at a Sgts Mess Dinner...however briefly...

A group of very junior sergeants, seated together, secureda spare bun apiece, and, during a long speech from the august and worldly Regimental Sgt Major, vowed on the count of "3" to stand up, wing their buns at him, and sit down...

On the "3" count, of course, only one fool did it...his very accurate throw bouncing the bun off old RV's head...everyone else was too busy laughing, as the RSM redirected his gaze in that direction, made a quick minute on his ever present pad, and carried on with his speech...

Poor old Dave got thirty days extra duties...

In another one, a combined officers/Sr NCO's dinner the DCO had been chuntering at the OMess Bar Manager, stating that he (the DCO) had ordered in these wines, as the Bar Manager (an ex-Sgt Maj, veteran of WWI!) had "flubbed" the wine selection at the last dinner...

Being very junior at the time myself, I was seated across from the DCO (not the best seat in the house!) and there was a QM Sgt seated beside him...

Two older and experienced (troublemakers!) Warrant Officers sat on either side of me...

The DCO, who has been unfavourably compared with a chicken, forever in the act of laying an egg, was fixated on the head table and the CO...so the troublemakers started kicking the QM Sgt under the table and encouraging him to poursalt in his wine glass...

So of course, the poor sap does it...continuously, course by course through the seven course event...with much trepidation...

(I should point out, it takes a General Officer to send up a WO before a Court Martial, a Sgt gets a summary court off the word of a Major)

Anyways, the DCO, "knows" there's something rotten with his wine...but having made such a scene over it, cannot say anything other than to drink it down...

Dinner finally over, the "kicking resumes" with the encouragement to "put some in his coffee!"...The Sgt is by this time very anxious, as the odds are running thin on him...but he complies...

Only this time, these sons of guns have surreptiously unscrewed the cap from the salt shaker, so this time, the full contents PLUS the silver top fly into the coffee cup...and we are treated to the view of the QM Sgt feverishly trying to "fish" the salt topper out of the scalding coffee, without the DCO seeing this...

Maybe you had to be there, but I believe it was then, that I truly learned what it meant to "keep a straight face"...and view my fellow man with innate suspicion and distrust...

Lifter

Went to a Chinese restaurant once ... and my step-daughter decided she would only eat a grilled-cheese sandwich. That caused a bit of a fight ...

Just once... lol.... Did you know that finger jello bounces when thrown at little brothers head? I was about 14 and there were 5 other teenagers involved. Wicked step mom had made us all a pan full of finger jello before her and dad left to go to a party. The second they walked out the door the throwing began. We had a great time throwing the stuff around and at each other... I can't remember what happened with the parental units got home but, I do remember mom calling a few months later complaining about how hard it was to remove dried up jello from behind the washing machine! LOL!! Thanks for the memory.

hmm the class of 2007 at my school my year. starts all the food fights inthe cafeteria. i wonder by the time we're seniors we'll probably turn the school upsidedown since we're committed so many pranks and other thigns so far more than any other classes combined

I remember one massive food fight when I was in middle school. I have never seen so much food fly through the air when it is being thrown by several hundred kids. What a mess that was.

When I was in college we used to get together and have huge marshmallow fights. They were great stress reliever and you could really chuck those marshmallows without hurting anyone or breaking anything. Each person would bring a bag and we would than find marshmallows in the most interesting places for days and sometimes weeks afterwards.

The only food fight I ever saw (and participated in) was in the 6th grade. I don't know how it started, but we all ended up squeezing orange peels in each other's eyes.

Yeah, we were kind of lame.

Every spring the fraternity I belonged to would have what was irreverently called "The Last Supper." It was the Thursday night prior to the start of finals week. With guys finishing finals at different times and leaving, some graduating and not returning, it was the last time everyone would be together. It was a spaghetti/meatballs/red wine affair. Much more food was prepared than could be consumed. After everyone was pretty full/drunk, someone would start the melee. One of my favorite college memories was nailing this guy I didn't like with a meatball right in the middle of his forehead, hehehe. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom