Favorite and Least Favorite Cooking/Food Words

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Favorite...........saute.........simmer.....fresh.........medium rare....and of course sizzle.

Least..........incorporate.....well done......temper............emolsify (I know I spelt that wrong :) ..........devein.........gut (like gutting a fish........ewww)

The worst............BANG! I could live without hearing that anymore and now its on a toothpaste commercial..........please someone make him stop ....sorry Emeril fans :P .

:LOL: :LOL: my fault..............I'm still stewing about Bang's wise comment about women cleaning the oven (me smacking my head telling Bang to get out of it :LOL: )

least favorites: none left, empty, nada...

favourites: dig-in, seconds, chocolate-covered...

mudbug, you stirrin the poop again?

hmm, raw tuna fish salad, sounds like it might be good. actually, spicy tuna maki is raw tuna with hot mayo, isn't it?

Bangbang said:
Favorite

Stuff,Fry,Mash,Simmer,Saute,Broil,Grill,Smoke,BBQ,Bake

Least Favorite

Poached,Boil,Steam

I have to agree with you, with the exception of smoked, only thing I like smoked is salmon, and the only thing I like steamed are veggies. My daughter age 13 is now suddenly into steamed chicken, yukkk! No flavor, dry as hell even though its steamed :roll:

buckytom said:
mudbug, you stirrin the poop again?

hmm, raw tuna fish salad, sounds like it might be good. actually, spicy tuna maki is raw tuna with hot mayo, isn't it?

OK, I guess tuna in tuna salad isn't raw, but it's cold so that's about the same in my book! I like chicken salad, just something about fish that isn't hot...

i'm funny about sushi that way, pa baker. i can't eat it if it has been made early and chilled. i like the fish to be cool to cold, and the rice still a bit warm...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom