Favorite and Least Favorite Cooking/Food Words

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Least favorite--bits (I don't know why, the word just bothers me!)

Favorite--there are many but off the top of my head, cream (as in cream together butter and sugar, ice cream), custard (if made correctly it feels like it sounds), flambe

I think my fav would be decadent.. and my least fav woule be curd...dunno why, I just always have hated that word.

Favorite

Stuff,Fry,Mash,Simmer,Saute,Broil,Grill,Smoke,BBQ,Bake

Least Favorite

Poached,Boil,Steam

Least favorite term is: "Reduce by half"

Most favorite term is: "Enjoy"

never really thought about it lol.
serve and enjoy would probably
be my favorite. my least hmm...
not sure yet.

Least favorite: dollop. Sounds dopey and pretentious. Favorite: fudgey, gooey, smooth, creamy, warm, soft -- gosh, sounds like I don't have any teeth!! I'll be taking a stroll with my walker now...Toodles...

thier1754 said:
Least favorite: dollop. Sounds dopey and pretentious. Favorite: fudgey, gooey, smooth, creamy, warm, soft -- gosh, sounds like I don't have any teeth!! I'll be taking a stroll with my walker now...Toodles...

LOL! Those are good words, teeth or not! If nothing else there's something we have to look forward to as we get old and toothless! :LOL:

thier1754 said:
lol..thanks thier. I got that stupid commercial in my head again. don't read this middie, I don't want you to scream. :LOL:

I also like the word truffle and don't like the word dredge.

Favorites: Spicy, tangy, fresh, comfort food, hot from the oven.

Least favorite: Plate (as in "plate the food.") Why can't they just say "arrange the food on the plate," or "glop it on?" (just kidding about the last one!)

:) Barbara

For me, only one...its a least favorite....

GOURMET

The most mis-used word in the cooking vocabulary....remember...only a cannibal can have a gourmet meal....

Mark

gourmet
n : a person devoted to refined sensuous enjoyment (especially
good food and drink) [syn: epicure, gastronome, bon
vivant, epicurean]

I like refined sensuous enjoyment as much as the next girl...But I already have three children...and I'm TIRED!

do not like smidgen, or pinch or handfull because it varies so much you cannot use it as a measurement.

Love saute, because I can imagine the taste and the sound.

Back
Top Bottom