Favorite Faire Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i forgot egg creams, cheese and gravy fries, and buttered cranberry bread (at the cranberry festival in south jersey in the fall).

In cortez nothing that won't keep you on the commode for a day or so,but 30 miles away in shiprock(navajo nation)great grilled mutton on mesquite charcoals wraped in fry bread with chilis.

Last edited:
Soft pretzels. I too am a fan of grilled marinated meats (beef and pork and sausage) on a stick. Deep fried veggies (mushrooms, okra, zuchini strips). :)

Some friends of mine run a BBQ chicken stand at the local rodeo/fair and the line is always very long. I think they cook it and shred it, then serve on buns. I always have to get an elephant ear when it's fair time. Not something you can just get anywhere, so makes it a special treat. I have to add, as I saw a few votes for corndogs, that the hand-dipped ones cooked to order are much better than the frozen kind that you can buy at the local grocery store.

Corn dogs - I had the most amazing corn dog from this little mobile stand - They made their dip themselves and it was CRISPY, crunchy, lots of flavor and we didn't get very far (my son and I were splitting one) before we turned around and got 3 more - we dropped one off for hubby. Boy were they good!

kitchenelf said:
Corn dogs - I had the most amazing corn dog from this little mobile stand - They made their dip themselves and it was CRISPY, crunchy, lots of flavor and we didn't get very far (my son and I were splitting one) before we turned around and got 3 more - we dropped one off for hubby. Boy were they good!

I think it is as classic as the hot dog on a bun.

Corn Dogs!
Illinois Pork Producers' boneless pork chop sandwich!
Drum Sticks ice cream...hand pulled taffy...curly fries...
Shake-ups lemonade...

And beer, of course. I go to the Budweiser Tent.

i'm getting heartburn just thinking about that funnel cake but i'm gonna have one anyway at the next fair or festival. that's what tums are for.:-p

Back
Top Bottom