"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2004, 05:04 PM   #11
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliev
No one has mentioned Arby's that I've seen.. does anyone like their sammiches? I do! I never think to go there though
I forgot all about Arby's. Love their horseysauce on the cheddar and beef, and the curley fries. I occasionally eat there when I go to the mall here, then for dessert a fat free frozen yogurt cone.
I forgot about the horseysauce.. yeah that is good!
__________________

__________________
Juliev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:23 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliev
No one has mentioned Arby's that I've seen.. does anyone like their sammiches? I do! I never think to go there though
Juliev, love reg roast beef from Arbys with lots of horsey sauce, I'm not much for burgers, but I'll eat maybe a half from In and Out, I do love their fries tho! :)
kadesma :)
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:28 PM   #13
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,677
Micky D's french fries.
__________________
wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:15 PM   #14
Master Chef
 
luvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: da 'burgh
Posts: 9,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Do any of you have Quiznos???? Similar to Subway but better. They run the sandwich with the meat and cheese thru a salamander then put on the cold ingredients you want. Much better. Subway up here has now added the heating element to some of the subs. In and Out is my favorite fast food burger joint, but there is not one in Eugene. We have Dairy Queens all over, and they are not too bad. We also have Mucho Gusto which is a mexican restaurant set up similar to the sub placed. You have a choice of taco, tostada, burrito, salad (in a fried tortilla bowl or plate), then you choose seasond fish (deep fried), beef, chicken, or tofu, then the lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, onions, olives, etc., all the stuff you can imagine, then they make a special sauce for the salads....really great.
we have a quizno's.
__________________
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:21 PM   #15
Certified Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 3,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Do any of you have Quiznos???? Similar to Subway but better. They run the sandwich with the meat and cheese thru a salamander then put on the cold ingredients you want. Much better. Subway up here has now added the heating element to some of the subs. In and Out is my favorite fast food burger joint, but there is not one in Eugene. We have Dairy Queens all over, and they are not too bad. We also have Mucho Gusto which is a mexican restaurant set up similar to the sub placed. You have a choice of taco, tostada, burrito, salad (in a fried tortilla bowl or plate), then you choose seasond fish (deep fried), beef, chicken, or tofu, then the lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, onions, olives, etc., all the stuff you can imagine, then they make a special sauce for the salads....really great.
we have a quizno's.
Hey luvs_food in Pittsburg you also have Isleys home of the famous ice cream bar. My ex grew up in Pittsburg, in Shady Side. I have visited there twice and found it to be charming. We would go to a restaurant on the river, not sure which river.
__________________
norgeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #16
Master Chef
 
-DEADLY SUSHI-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Chicago Burbs'
Posts: 6,070
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Quiznos is far too expensive for what they offer to me. Dont get me wrong.... the food is good, but just WAY to pricey. Subway is less $$$.
But I like Taco Bell. Give me those taco and burritos. I also enjoy a Quarter Pounder from McD's. ACtually thier dollar menu is pretty good.
__________________
-DEADLY SUSHI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:24 PM   #17
Executive Chef
 
Bangbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 3,150
Mickey D's here..I go know where else. The rest suck :!: NO WAIT :!: I forgot White Castles for burgers,clams,onion chips,and Churches Chicken.
__________________
You are not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
Bangbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:26 PM   #18
Certified Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 3,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
Quiznos is far too expensive for what they offer to me. Dont get me wrong.... the food is good, but just WAY to pricey. Subway is less $$$.
But I like Taco Bell. Give me those taco and burritos. I also enjoy a Quarter Pounder from McD's. ACtually thier dollar menu is pretty good.
Yeah, DS Quisnos is more pricey that Subway. They have coupons in the paper weekly which is when I go, it is usually buy one get one so I go with my daughter and it is not too bad with a free sub. I do not have a Taco Bell nearby me, a new one Baja Fresh just opened which is a Southwestern organization. They are OK but also pricey.
__________________
norgeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:34 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
 
mudbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NoVA, beyond the Beltway
Posts: 11,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
Micky D's french fries.
got that right, wasabi! None better.
__________________
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:36 PM   #20
Master Chef
 
-DEADLY SUSHI-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Chicago Burbs'
Posts: 6,070
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
If the 7 layer burrito was a woman..... I would marry it! :D NOOOOOOOO visuals PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

__________________
-DEADLY SUSHI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favorite Childhood food MochaBean04 General Cooking 89 02-04-2008 05:39 PM
What's your favorite non-American food? Otter International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery 49 11-16-2004 02:40 PM


» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.