Favorite meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeybee

Senior Cook
When you are fixing an evening meal for one (the rest of the family is away) what do you fix for just yourself? Leftovers? Favorite soup and sandwich? Or something else?

Probably toss four sliders in the microwave, pour a glass of wine, and retreat to the 'office' where I will play on the computer.

honeybee said:
When you are fixing an evening meal for one (the rest of the family is away) what do you fix for just yourself? Leftovers? Favorite soup and sandwich? Or something else?

definately something else, probably some seafood type dish, crusty bread, and white wine.

Oh and play on the puter like auntdot said :D , and maybe some music on my puter too.

Either creamy scrambled eggs with just toast and a bucketload of pepper or if I am slightly less lazy spaghetti with anchovies, thyme, lemon, garlic and toasted breadcrumbs.

I live alone and cook a gourmet meal from scratch every night. When I am lazy, it is a steak, baked potatoe and salad. Sometimes I am not real hungry then it is just crustini, cheese, pickle, and such. Of course either wine or a beer.

What ever I want. I usually make the same thingfgs I would make if people were here. However I often make chili mac with hormels chili with beans or tater tots and tartar sauce. I have a new one. I mix sweet mustard relish with mayo and eat it with oven fries.

dinner alone

fried potatoes with lots and lots and lots of garlic and onions!

pdswife1, could you supply a recipe for that?

It sounds good!

Lifter

A griled cheese with whatever cheese & bread is in the house & tomatoes, & I sprinkle the buttered side of the bread with pepper before I grill it. Along with a bowl of Campbell's tomato soup. Sometimes I may fix an omelet or fritatta. Just really depends on what I'm in the mood for. As far as that goes, I may even just eat a Hershey's bar & drink a cup of coffee.

Back
Top Bottom