Favorite Quick Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'll have to use that marinating/brining tip. much appreiated, lindatoo.
callie, i have a little room left in my treasure trunk for one.

Luvs the others have given you the answers you were looking for, but I just need to jump in and tell you to GET A FOODSAVER. It is the most used appliance in my kitchen, seriously. Yes you can boil the bags. Just pop a sealed bag in boiling water and before you know it you have a hot meal. You can microwave them too. They tell you to open the bag before you microwave them, but a friend of mine decided he did not want to do that. He found out that if you keep a close eye on it then it is easier to not open the bag. What happens is the bag swells and puffs out and the food heats (steam is produced). When the bag swells (before it bursts) that is when you know it is done. I always open my bags before microwaving though because I don't want the bag exploding on me :)

thanks, GB. my jake will be happy. i'm sure he gets tired of cold sammiches and fast food each day and would love something he can just pop in the microwave.
i think i'd definately put a slit in the bag if i nuked it. that's how i used to make those frozen ones.
thanks again!:)

Breakfast for dinner is always a good option when I'm pressed for time. Poached eggs on toast and Brown 'n Serve sausage patties, with some sort of leftover veg or fruit on the side. I love that for dinner.

And whoever said "grilled cheese and soup" is also right on the money! Preferably cream of tomato soup.

Lee

QSis, we often have breakfast for supper.

Grits, eggs, bacon/sausage/ham, biscuits or toast.

Back
Top Bottom