favorite salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me, hands-down, it's a good Caesar. In the summer, I'll even grill some chicken and do an entree Grilled Chicken Caesar for a light meal.

Sometimes, I get a serious hankering for a Taco Salad. I need to figure a way to make the shell in my deep-fryer at home. I don't think I have a container big enough, with the right shape, to do it, as I always used a 1.5 qt flat-bottomed ladle at work.

Lugaru, try this sandwich:

Whole-grain Wheat bread, spread with whipped cream cheese (you may have to nuke for a few seconds to get it soft). Layer onto this: sliced cucumbers, sliced onions, dill pickle chips, lettuce, tomato, sliced, fanned avocado, and alfalfa sprouts. Top with another piece of bread spread with cream cheese. Serve with fruit.

I used to serve this sandwich at a club I worked at. It was on the vegetarian menu, but with the cream cheese and avocado, I wouldn't call it lo-fat :)

Spinach salad with bacon, chopped hard-boiled eggs and mustard vinaigrette. Otherwise I'll take a Chef salad with more meat and cheese than lettuce.:D

Middie, got a recipe for the gyro salad? If it's what I think it is, I'd love it!

Hey Damp, have you ever tried a hot bacon vinaigrette? If not, and you're interested, I have some recipes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom