Favorite thing to cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love baking- especially muffins/cookies that use vegetables or ricotta cheese. Wierd, I know, but those are ingredients that really add to recipes, IMO.

I really love baking bread, too, and anything that uses whipped egg whites- that is always really fun!

-Tim

I love to make fancy desserts. Any dessert that is rich and chocolatey is my specialty!

I also love making the holiday meals, Thanksgiving being my favorite. I love preparing the huge Thanksgiving feast. I already am looking forward to it!

I love making the holiday meals. I want everyone out of the kitchen so I have
plenty of room to operate. on a regular basis i like to make what I call my
refrigerator soup(all the leftovers for that week) with a castIron skillet of
cornbread. and a big cold glass of milk.

JCook said:
My favorite thing to cook is chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, white gravy, green beans, and rolls. It's so GOOD!

If you have chicken fried steak, mashed 'taters, and gravy ... do you really need green beans? (the roll is optional although I would go for cornbread)

^Can't miss with green beans.

As most of you, I like to cook just about anything. Holiday meals are fun because they're uncommon, but I'd say I like to cook Italian dishes the best, the blending of spices with pasta just intrigues me.

Michael in FtW said:
If you have chicken fried steak, mashed 'taters, and gravy ... do you really need green beans? (the roll is optional although I would go for cornbread)

Gee, Michael...you gotta have green beans (or peas) to mix in with the mashed potatoes!

My favorite things to cook are soups, stews and casseroles. I'm also good with vegies and salads. My husband is the fryer and the grill master. We've always made a good team. :)

Hmmm.... my favorite thing to cook.. this is a hard question as I LOVE to cook.. PERIOD! I would have to say anything that is home made. I love to use my crockpot and I love to cook anything where i am slicing and dicing as it relaxes me.

Horab said:
^Can't miss with green beans.

As most of you, I like to cook just about anything. Holiday meals are fun because they're uncommon, but I'd say I like to cook Italian dishes the best, the blending of spices with pasta just intrigues me.

How do you make green beans delicious? I need some good recipes for them. Will they keep in the fridge for a few days after I've cooked them a bit?

Risotto, especially if I have a problem at work I need to solve. 30 minutes of stirring nearly always does the trick!
Bread, especially if stressed, but not angry!
Stirfries
Chocolate truffles (except I don't do sweet cookery anymore)

Favorite things to cook are sauces for our meals - I love to experiment with spices, veggies and smokey peppers.

I like to cook anything that doesn't have too much clean up. For that reason soups and casseroles are great because you usually have to use only 1 or 2 pans. I don't have a grill so that rules out grilling for me.

I also like cooking slow cooked dishes that you can smell 2 floors down. I love just sitting down and reading a book while the entire apartment is filled with the smells of dinner. It's my own pouperie.

I agree that it’s not so much what you’re cooking as the process of it. My favorite cooking is when everything flows well… the ingredients come ready to hand seemingly without effort (the right thing in the right amount is in the pantry or fridge) and all the fresh ingredients are laid out on the counter to admire while you easily find the favorite knife which is right where is should be, and the favorite cutting board and skillet are NOT still dirty in the dishwasher. The salt doesn’t spill, the cat stays out from underfoot, the phone doesn’t ring… each step in the process is done just as the next should begin and the whole thing is like the ballet…
:blush:
The things I cook most often are stir-fries and quick pasta dishes.

Back
Top Bottom