Favourite Summer Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your all time favourite summer food?

• BBQ Burgers

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Chicken, any way

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Corn Roast

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Cold Plate (i.e. salads, meat, fruit, etc.)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Hot dogs on the barby or open fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • grilled salmon

• Steak and trimings

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Roasted Marshmallows/S'mores

• Ice Cream

• Fresh Fruits (including tomatoes)

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had more than one choice, but I had to go with the BBQ'd burgers. How can anyone turn down a nice grilled burger?! Then again, I'm with Uncle Bob on the tomato sandwich! That's exactly how I like it, with mayo and juicy. YUM!

Corn on the cob, the day that it's picked!! Nothing like it. Watermelon at room temperature. Berries of all kinds.

I picked the cold plate because year round we have platters of in season fruits...Anti pasto is a staple for us...My son in law, Ethan and I are watermelon junkies we even have two vines growing in and among the grapes.Sunday's here offer up just about every thing you can imagine...I have each one ask for a favorite week to week and we make sure to fix it. One favorite is fried chicken finished in the oven with garlic,wine,rosemary, and butter, add to that potato salad, our platter of fruit, many weeks of roasted corn on the cob, fix all kinds of ways, green salad to boot or a platter of sliced tomatoes, onions and cucumbers...desserts are usually something icy cold and yummy..My favorite dessert? hugs and kisses from my babies

kades `

Last edited:
i'm changing to fresh fruits. i love icy-cold melon, especially.
i'm italian and my grandad and mom loved to eat watermellon with salt and italian bread. ever try it?

my Dad loves melon & granny smith apoples with salt. i prefer them as is. :)

my Dad loves melon & granny smith apoples with salt. i prefer them as is. :)

I like salt on my watermelon, apples, canteloupe, grapefruit and lemons (if I dare, they aren't good for teeth or tummy).

They say admitting you have a problem is the first step, lol. It seems I may have a small problem. Oh well. :)

I like salt on my watermelon, apples, canteloupe, grapefruit and lemons (if I dare, they aren't good for teeth or tummy).

They say admitting you have a problem is the first step, lol. It seems I may have a small problem. Oh well. :)
there are worse problems you could have!! :rolleyes: LOL they seem pretty mild ones.

I definetly have to go for fresh fruits and tomatoes, along with lots of other fresh veggies... Mmmm! my very favorite........ Although i do like grilled burgers too... so long as they are cooked medium rare... :) :)

I like something cold for summers. Strawberry - Banana shake or some ice cream.

Please cast your vote for this! We are taking a survey for our newsletter and while the comments are great, we need the actual votes!

Thanks to everyone for your responses so far and keep them coming. This is really getting interesting!

My favorite summer foods are homegrown tomatoes - taste SO much better than the hothouse variety Just about any fresh/homegrown veggie gets my vote and anything grilled. Also homemade ice cream - you can make it any time of the year but in July it tastes oh so yummy.

Three more days, everyone and the poll will close! I want to thank you all for participating. It has been very interesting reading your answers and observing the poll results. I hope more take part before it ends! Results will be in your Summer Newsletter, along with a lot of other summer food tidbits!

I had to go for chicken ...

BBQ chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, fried okra, cornbread, sweet tea, a big dollop of home cranked vanilla ice cream on top of a bowl of hot peach or blackberry cobbler.

Voted chicken any way :)

Nothing is more sweet then to see a little kid walking around with a chicken leg in their hands..Not far behind them watching and hoping it's accidentally dropped,the dog! happens every summer..

Munky

Voted chicken any way :)

Nothing is more sweet then to see a little kid walking around with a chicken leg in their hands..Not far behind them watching and hoping it's accidentally dropped,the dog! happens every summer..

Munky

You just described the scene with my two dogs and my best friends son!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom