Favourite Summer Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your all time favourite summer food?

• BBQ Burgers

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Chicken, any way

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Corn Roast

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Cold Plate (i.e. salads, meat, fruit, etc.)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Hot dogs on the barby or open fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • grilled salmon

• Steak and trimings

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Roasted Marshmallows/S'mores

• Ice Cream

• Fresh Fruits (including tomatoes)

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Hi everyone!

We are preparing for our summer newsletter and would like you to participate by taking a poll on your favourite summer food. We welcome discussions on other foods, but for the sake of the poll we have tried to pick the most common ones. Please limit your answer to your one favourite. Results will be posted in the newsletter.

Thanks everyone and happy summer eating!

Last edited:
I said "none of the above," because my favorite summer foods are the fruit that are not available locally at other times of year: strawberries, peaches, tomatoes, especially. and zucchini blossoms.

I said "none of the above," because my favorite summer foods are the fruit that are not available locally at other times of year: strawberries, peaches, tomatoes, especially. and zucchini blossoms.
my mom grew zucchini/squash every summer. she would cook the flowers also. how do you eat/cook yours?

Sometimes I stuff them and deep fry them like tempura, other times, I stuff them and bake them in a light, fresh tomato sauce. :)

My absolute favorite is a fresh fruit salad served in a watermelon basket. I make both a green, and also a pink, fruit dressing/dip. it is very nicce with cold chicken breast. . .

Sometimes I stuff them and deep fry them like tempura, other times, I stuff them and bake them in a light, fresh tomato sauce. :)
my mom would pick them and carefully check for bugs and bees :LOL: then she would wash them, dip in egg then into flour with very little salt and pepper (as to much season would over power the delicate flavor of the flower) then lightly fry in butter.

My absolute favorite is a fresh fruit salad served in a watermelon basket. I make both a green, and also a pink, fruit dressing/dip. it is very nicce with cold chicken breast. . .
share the recipe for your dressing/dip?

I voted "Non of the above" A Home Grown Tomato Sandwich "Rules" in the Good ole Summer time!!! Fresh bread...a little mayo and juice running out the corner of your mouth!!!! Yes Ma'am!!!!!

bbq steak, grill corn on the cob, salads - potato, mac, pasta, tossed greens and fruit.

and you are right nothing beats a tomato and lettuce sammie with mayo on toasted wheat bread!!

Okay, so it looks like I goofed big time with not adding fresh fruit to the list. If this is your fave as well, just vote "none of the above" and do a write-in as the others have.

I didn't vote again, but I can't go with out saying...Vidalia onions!!!! I eat so many of them DW says I smell like a Sweet Vidalia...Coupled with a thick slice of Home Grown tomato etc, on a Grilled burger....Oh my!!! Pass the napkins please!!!

I didn't vote again, but I can't go with out saying...Vidalia onions!!!! I eat so many of them DW says I smell like a Sweet Vidalia...Coupled with a thick slice of Home Grown tomato etc, on a Grilled burger....Oh my!!! Pass the napkins please!!!
STOP!! you are killing me!! :LOL::LOL:

Hold tight!!!!!!!! Fresh (tree ripe) Peach Cobbler and Homemade nilla ice cream!!!!:-p

;)
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! STOP!! LOL can i have your recipe for cobbler
img_819774_0_7375f7231bbcddeca267fe703c730560.gif

my fav homemade ice creams are

coffee
maple walnut
butter pecan

I ticked cold plate, for pasta salad..I have posted my favorite pasta salad here before, it is an oil and vinegar dressed pasta with fresh mozzarella, onions, tomatoes, peppers, etc....I have the cheese ready, now waiting on the tomatoes which will be ready in AUGUST.

Change in No. 10

You will see that I changed No. 10 from 'None of the above' to 'Fresh Fruits'. By the looks of it the four people who voted for this category voted for these anyway. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom