"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Roasted chicken, roasted cauliflower & broccoli, and mashed red potatoes with pan gravy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chicken_roast_veggies_011419_IMG_5293.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	33069

msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:41 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
Hi Craig, sorry to say they were frozen cooked crab from Publix. I just heated them up in the microwave. The last batch I got to fancy and over cooked them in a skillet. Publix has Dungeness crab on sale this week. DH is buying some for me today.

Yes, I love all crab. I don't know if we are near Everglades City. DH not here now to ask. You are so lucky to be able to get fresh. There is a restaurant south of us called Joe's Stone Crab. Never been there tho. I do have several recipe versions of their famous Mustard Dipping Sauce. At least I can afford that. lol
Everglades City is off Alligator Alley almost all the way over to the west coast. There are lots of places to get fresh stone crabs in South Florida when they are in season, through mid May. Penn Dutch in Margate has decent prices and product. We usually get Dungeness crab live at a large Asian market in Sunrise in a shopping center with Doris Market, which is an Italian market. The Dungeness usually run about $30-35 each. They also have live geoduck and razor clams sometimes, as well as lots of other interesting sea creatures. Joe's is vastly over priced, you are paying for the name. We have their mustard sauce recipe, got it out of the Herald many, many, many years ago. It goes well with homemade soft pretzels too.

medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

I made another dinner from my Turkish cookbook last night - fish poached in a spicy tomato sauce with onions, garlic bell peppers and cider vinegar. I was thinking it might taste like Mexican because the ingredients are similar, but it's finished with parsley instead of cilantro. The vinegar seemed to make a big difference. It was very good. I served it with another batch of the orzo & rice pilaf.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0114192022.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	33070

Tags
dinner