Feast of the Ass Dinner - 1/14/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
The Feast of the Ass was a medieval, Christian feast observed on 14 January, celebrating the Flight into Egypt. It was celebrated primarily in France, as a by-product of the Feast of Fools celebrating the donkey-related stories in the Bible, in particular the donkey bearing the Holy Family into Egypt after Jesus's birth.

For the full story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_the_Ass

Not being Christian or French, I won't be participating. Tonight's dinner will be mussels with chorizo, green salad, and Dutch oven bread that's about to go into the oven.

Today is laundry @ daughters day so, we stopped @ Perkins for an early dinner..

Breaded shrimp, cod and fries for me, a meatloaf meal for Jeannie..

Of course its "Free Pie Monday" @ Perkins so we brought home 2 slices for later..

Ross

Got some giant (around 1.25-1.33 Lb. each) bone-in skin on chicken breasts on sale. I vacuum packed them and two will be our dinner tonight. I'm going to sous vide the chicken breasts and finish them in a skillet to crisp the skin. I'll also make stuffing and steamed green beans.

Roast chicken (in the oven), roasted cauliflower & broccoli, mashed potatoes and chicken pan gravy. (Pictures later if I have a chance to snap)

My wife would argue that every dinner with me is the Feast of the Ass Dinner, but that's a whole other story.

Korean Stone Bowl, with Brown rice, sauteed shiitake mushrooms, bean sprouts, Chinese Spinach and a bunch of other stuff. Home made Spring Rolls and steamed vegetable buns.

I roasted a small slab of beef back ribs with bbq sauce and steamed some broccoli.

I'll have dinner after Tyler gets picked up. It's been raining for 2 days, the yard is flooded, little guy had his snack and his homework is done....now I have to find something for him to do inside to work off some of his energy. :ohmy::LOL:

The oyster mushrooms in an onion, garlic, thyme, butter, white wine, cream sauce over homemade pasta.

Attachments

• 2019-01-14 18.54.06.jpg
    2019-01-14 18.54.06.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 162
You betcha! Oh man, med, I need some o' that for dinner. I'm craving something creamy, earthy, and pasta-y.

And on the feast day of my good buddy from Texas, Casey T. Dog. (He says the T stands for Tiberius, but don't be fooled.)

:cool:

You betcha! Oh man, med, I need some o' that for dinner. I'm craving something creamy, earthy, and pasta-y.

And on the feast day of my good buddy from Texas, Casey T. Dog. (He says the T stands for Tiberius, but don't be fooled.)

:cool:

He wishes his initials were JTK! so do I for thst matter, except Jamie as the first name.

And thanks guys, it was really good. Craig was back for seconds so I doubt there is much left, if any.

Got some giant (around 1.25-1.33 Lb. each) bone-in skin on chicken breasts on sale. I vacuum packed them and two will be our dinner tonight. I'm going to sous vide the chicken breasts and finish them in a skillet to crisp the skin. I'll also make stuffing and steamed green beans.

I cooked the breasts sous vide for an hour at 150ºF then deboned them and browned and crisped the skin in a skillet. This was outstanding! The meat was super juicy and tender. SO, originally skeptical because of the low cooking time, came around quickly when she tasted it. This sous vide recipe resulted in the most dramatic improvement over regular cooking I've experienced yet.

My wife would argue that every dinner with me is the Feast of the Ass Dinner, but that's a whole other story.

Korean Stone Bowl, with Brown rice, sauteed shiitake mushrooms, bean sprouts, Chinese Spinach and a bunch of other stuff. Home made Spring Rolls and steamed vegetable buns.

:LOL:love it - also love your dinner. Home made Spring Rolls-how talented.

My dinner tonight was Blue Crab clusters with brown butter and green bean casserole.

:LOL:love it - also love your dinner. Home made Spring Rolls-how talented..

There are two diffrerent brands of spring roll wrappers sold at our local Asian Market. One holds up very well, the other not so well ( they burst when cooking). I make the spring rolls not often enough to remember which is the good brand. So, sure enough, I bought the bad brand of spring roll wrappers so, although they tasted good, 50% split open. I have now saved the packaging so I dont buy them again. Although, knowing me, Ill think I saved the packaging cause they were the good ones, and buy them again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom