Feasting on Asphalt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB said:
Yeah I am really confused about that one too vagriller.

Gretchen have you seen him in his birthday suit or something?

No, he depends 'way too much on stupid costuming to do his schtick. On Iron Chef he is wearing a suit and speaks incomplete sentences and looks directlyin the camera.

crewsk said:
I wanted to watch it but hubby ruled the TV last night.:rolleyes: I'm among the AB is sexy group. Not only that, my kids love him!

Get another TV.

I like Alton Brown (mainly because I'm a "how stuff works" guy--I was the kid who took the TV set apart to figure out how it did its thing as opposed to watching it), but I didn't really dig this show. Mainly cause it made me a little jealous. I mean heck, I've gotten on my Harley and taken road trips across the country, only stopping to eat at mom and pop shacks, 8 or 9 times...nobody ever offered to pay me hundreds of thousands of dollars for doing it :mad:. Plus, makes me want to go out and do it again. Problem is, have familial obligations these days.

The bastard.

I missed it, but don't feel too badly about it (not to mention it will probably be repeated anyway). While I do like Alton's "Good Eats" show, I agree with others that the "travel" food shows tend to leave me cold unless: they're visiting my area, visiting an area I've been to, or are also providing recipes for dishes they enjoy in the places they visit. If the answer to the above is zero all 'round, I'd rather just slip a DVD on.

I am generally not to fond of the travelling shows either, but it depends on how they are done. Anthony Bordains No Reservations is a traveling food show. It is actually shown on the Travel channel. I think it is one of the best shows out there. I have not watched Altons show yet, but I am holding out hope.

I liked the show. My hubby and I had taken our kids when they were younger to the 21 rest. in Charlotte that was on the show. It was one of the last places you could get a Cherry Lemon Sundrop fountain drink. Sundrop is a regional drink and they mixed it with the cherry and lemon on site. You can now get them bottled but not as good, I don't think. My son ate a pickled pig foot when he got off work the next morning after I watched the show.

Come on down to NC BangBang, you can get pickled pig feet in many of the gas startions around here, right along side the jars of pickled eggs and hot sausages. My Mom makes a pretty mean homemade pickled pig foot as well.

Hey - I've got nothing against pickled pigs feet. Have been eating them since I was a young sprout!!! These days, unfortunately, the only company that seems to put them out jarred is Hormel - & they ain't the same as the ones my mom used to buy in NY way back when. Back then there were a number of companies that made them - all good, but some better than others.

BreezyCooking said:
Hey - I've got nothing against pickled pigs feet. Have been eating them since I was a young sprout!!! These days, unfortunately, the only company that seems to put them out jarred is Hormel - & they ain't the same as the ones my mom used to buy in NY way back when. Back then there were a number of companies that made them - all good, but some better than others.

I like Hormels.

We had to give up our satellite service over a year and a half ago, so I've never seen Alton Brown. There was an article about him in this month's Guideposts magazine though. It was a really nice article about how he developed his love for food on the road as a kid. I would like to see it someday.

:) Barbara

I watch im every night, He is very entertaining. I got tired of Emeril and really don't care much for his cooking style. I often would say to myself....You just ruined it Emeril.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom