"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

FEB.15 Dinner Menu

Is dinner going to be lite after all the wonderful chocolates and goodies of yesterday?
We will be having our family Valentines day today and so everyone got to pick something Cade wanted french dip, with Au jus, Ethan and Olivia asked for a big fruit salad and could I please get strawberries, DH wants baked beans, and instead of corn bread my pancetta bisquits why when we have wonderful french rolls for the sandwishes..Guess he's thinking about when every one leaves There will be a chopped salad with avocados and red onions, grape tomatoes, I'm doing a batch of baby artichoke first in chicken broth, let the reduce, add butter,chopped parsley and garlic let simmer til tender and eat Paula Deen's gooey chocolate butter cake and vanilla ice cream
kadesma

Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Kadesma, that meal sounds great! I was going to have either leftover chicken, or thaw some steaks. Then I saw VanillaBeans Valentine's dinner, and now I want pasta and a salad.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Master Chef

I found a recipe in a cookbook from the Food Network Kitchens.

Chicken Saltimbocca with Roasted Asparagus Recipe : Recipezaar and garlic bead.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loprraine View Post
Kadesma, that meal sounds great! I was going to have either leftover chicken, or thaw some steaks. Then I saw VanillaBeans Valentine's dinner, and now I want pasta and a salad.
If you have chicken, how are you going to prepare it?

Thank you for the compliment on my dinner last night. It was wonderful! I only had a banana this morning, and I'm surprised I could stomach that.

I'm headed off to the store soon to get cream, olive oil (almost out) fresh parsley, Cremini mushrooms, bell pepper and asparagus.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

I was thinking of cooking up honey mustard pepper sauce over stuffed blue cheese and spinach pork chop withh.... sweet potato mash on the side...
possibly :)

More of a "I have loads of stuff I need to use" menu.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loprraine View Post
Thanks Loprraine
around here it's make a huge amount then the kids can have leftovers for the next day and DH and I scratch for our dinner
kades
Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Is dinner going to be lite after all the wonderful chocolates and goodies of yesterday?
We will be having our family Valentines day today and so everyone got to pick something Cade wanted french dip, with Au jus, Ethan and Olivia asked for a big fruit salad and could I please get strawberries, DH wants baked beans, and instead of corn bread my pancetta bisquits why when we have wonderful french rolls for the sandwishes..Guess he's thinking about when every one leaves There will be a chopped salad with avocados and red onions, grape tomatoes, I'm doing a batch of baby artichoke first in chicken broth, let the reduce, add butter,chopped parsley and garlic let simmer til tender and eat Paula Deen's gooey chocolate butter cake and vanilla ice cream
kadesma
hmmmmmm if I were closer, I'd be coming to your house! sounds fabulous!

I'm making Split Pea soup this afternoon, and my "famous" Oatmeal/Whole Wheat bread. It's cold and windy here!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
Master Chef

When I went to the market yesterday to pick up our Valentine's Day lobsters, they also had fabulous fresh thick swordfish steaks on sale, so I couldn't resist picking two up. Will bake or broil them tonight topped with some warmed tapenade & serve them with tiny (3-1/2" long) baby zucchini & halved grape tomatoes, tossed with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, & extra-virgin olive oil & simply roasted. And of course the requisite green salad.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
hmmmmmm if I were closer, I'd be coming to your house! sounds fabulous!

I'm making Split Pea soup this afternoon, and my "famous" Oatmeal/Whole Wheat bread. It's cold and windy here!
You would be more than welcome
Oh boy we love split pea soup and that bread yummy my favorite.
kades
Old 02-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #10
Master Chef

I was going to make Mark breakfast for dinner, but he went out for a late one, so that is overkill with eggs.

I just got back from WinCo, and put a pork picnic roast in my small crock-pot with potatoes, onion, one small diced apple, beef stock, a little Worcestershire sauce, orange juice (Yes! it adds great flavor), Herbes de provence, garlic powder and salt-n-pepper. That will be his dinner. That is good, because then I can take my time making my Saltimbocca.