FEB.15 Dinner Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Is dinner going to be lite after all the wonderful chocolates and goodies of yesterday?
We will be having our family Valentines day today and so everyone got to pick something Cade wanted french dip, with Au jus, Ethan and Olivia asked for a big fruit salad and could I please get strawberries, DH wants baked beans, and instead of corn bread my pancetta bisquits why when we have wonderful french rolls for the sandwishes..Guess he's thinking about when every one leaves:ROFLMAO: There will be a chopped salad with avocados and red onions, grape tomatoes, I'm doing a batch of baby artichoke first in chicken broth, let the reduce, add butter,chopped parsley and garlic let simmer til tender and eat:LOL: Paula Deen's gooey chocolate butter cake and vanilla ice cream
kadesma

Kadesma, that meal sounds great! I was going to have either leftover chicken, or thaw some steaks. Then I saw VanillaBeans Valentine's dinner, and now I want pasta and a salad.

Kadesma, that meal sounds great! I was going to have either leftover chicken, or thaw some steaks. Then I saw VanillaBeans Valentine's dinner, and now I want pasta and a salad.
If you have chicken, how are you going to prepare it?

Thank you for the compliment on my dinner last night. It was wonderful! I only had a banana this morning, and I'm surprised I could stomach that.

I'm headed off to the store soon to get cream, olive oil (almost out) fresh parsley, Cremini mushrooms, bell pepper and asparagus.

I was thinking of cooking up honey mustard pepper sauce over stuffed blue cheese and spinach pork chop withh.... sweet potato mash on the side...
possibly :)

More of a "I have loads of stuff I need to use" menu. :LOL:

Thanks Loprraine:)
around here it's make a huge amount then the kids can have leftovers for the next day and DH and I scratch for our dinner:LOL:
kades

Is dinner going to be lite after all the wonderful chocolates and goodies of yesterday?
We will be having our family Valentines day today and so everyone got to pick something Cade wanted french dip, with Au jus, Ethan and Olivia asked for a big fruit salad and could I please get strawberries, DH wants baked beans, and instead of corn bread my pancetta bisquits why when we have wonderful french rolls for the sandwishes..Guess he's thinking about when every one leaves:ROFLMAO: There will be a chopped salad with avocados and red onions, grape tomatoes, I'm doing a batch of baby artichoke first in chicken broth, let the reduce, add butter,chopped parsley and garlic let simmer til tender and eat:LOL: Paula Deen's gooey chocolate butter cake and vanilla ice cream
kadesma

hmmmmmm if I were closer, I'd be coming to your house! :LOL: sounds fabulous!

I'm making Split Pea soup this afternoon, and my "famous" Oatmeal/Whole Wheat bread. It's cold and windy here!

When I went to the market yesterday to pick up our Valentine's Day lobsters, they also had fabulous fresh thick swordfish steaks on sale, so I couldn't resist picking two up. Will bake or broil them tonight topped with some warmed tapenade & serve them with tiny (3-1/2" long) baby zucchini & halved grape tomatoes, tossed with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, & extra-virgin olive oil & simply roasted. And of course the requisite green salad.:)

I'm making Split Pea soup this afternoon, and my "famous" Oatmeal/Whole Wheat bread. It's cold and windy here!
You would be more than welcome:)
Oh boy we love split pea soup and that bread yummy my favorite.
kades

I was going to make Mark breakfast for dinner, but he went out for a late one, so that is overkill with eggs.

I just got back from WinCo, and put a pork picnic roast in my small crock-pot with potatoes, onion, one small diced apple, beef stock, a little Worcestershire sauce, orange juice (Yes! it adds great flavor), Herbes de provence, garlic powder and salt-n-pepper. That will be his dinner. That is good, because then I can take my time making my Saltimbocca.

I am making a roasted veggie pasta primavera, a salad and leftover chocolate mousse for dessert. yum.

Sunday dinner at my house was...Pork Tenderloin Shish-K-Bobs (Onion, pepper, shrooms, fresh pineapple, Cherry toms. etc.) On a bed of fried rice. Chicken Egg Rolls, Shrimp Egg Rolls --- Cheese Cake/blueberry topping.

DH wants to grill, even though it's pretty cold outside, so we're having chicken leg quarters rubbed with olive oil and Penzey's Greek seasoning, roasted fingerling potatoes tossed with olive oil, S&P and more Greek seasoning, and roasted asparagus. I may make a balsamic reduction to drizzle on the asparagus, for something different from the oregano/lemon/garlic in the Greek seasoning. We ended up having vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert yesterday, so I still have that mixed berry gratin on my mind for dessert.

Tonight I made cod with a creamy pesto sauce to cover it. One the side I made butter and garlic sautéed scallops and broccoli. The broccoli was more of an experiment with a pinch of curry and a few cloves of garlic. It was only my second big meal I've ever made, and the first one I've ever made using fish.

jessicas-cod.jpg

Chardonnay, for only your second meal, you're on a great roll!

I thawed some Sunday Gravy. Added some leftover chicken to it. Kept some chicken aside and added it to some gravy I made this week. Some good chiabatta rounded out the meal.

Tonight, we had soup/stew made from yesterdays turkey bones. I included scallions, navy beans, carrots, celery, corn, peas, potato and noodles. the starches in the potato and noodles made the broth fairly thick. I served it with a whole wheat crusty bread (without butter or oil) and we had a great tasting and healthy meal.
I also had an Australian Sharaz called Red Knot. Most excellent!

We had Rib Eye steak, Shrimp in a garlic and shallots white sauce over angel hair pasta, and a green salad. I love DC because it is helping me expand my cooking experience. I never would have tried to make the shrimp and pasta dish before I found this site. Love to read and learn from all of you.:)

Moroccan-spiced orange chicken with brown rice and scallions. Steamed broccoli on the side.

Is this recipe posted here some where? Sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom