"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-24-2014, 11:34 PM   #11
Executive Chef

BLT (spinach not lettuce) and tomato soup.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

DH had a ham and cheese sammy, and I finished the leftover chili spelunked from last night.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:12 AM   #13
Proud American

I've wanted to experience Italian cooking but today DA didn't want to leave her bed. She is tired more now, so I decided to make this easy for her and so we had chicken soup with a lettuce salad with radishes, cucumbers, green and black olives, chopped tomato, shredded cheese, and croutons.

I dumped a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken into chicken broth, pulled the meat off the bones and chopped up the meat and added a palmful of garlic powder and Italian seasoning, cracked black pepper, 2 tablespoons of nice fresh red onion, 3 dashes of paprika and thinly sliced baby carrots and two handfuls of rice.

It was very good. Aunty and Gwen like my cooking so very much!

With love,
~Cat
Old 02-25-2014, 01:46 AM   #14
Master Chef

Cat, I hope DA feels better soon. It's this winter that's probably wearing her down. It's gone on too long and too cold.

Don't you just love the rotisserie chickens for soup Cat? I have a hard time passing them up when I shop. Quite often one ends up in my cart anyway. If you like creamy soups, I like this recipe for a creamy wild rice chicken soup: Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe - Allrecipes.com I cut back on the butter and use milk instead of cream - and in spite of that it's become Himself's favorite soup.

I ended up nixing the chicken pot pies and used the chicken for Hot Brown sandwiches instead. I figured chicken and turkey were close enough in flavor if you're dousing it with cheese sauce and putting bacon on top. First time I've made them; Himself thought they were a winner. But of course - they had bacon!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:13 AM   #15
Certified Cake Maniac

We were out for dinner as I had a doctor's appointment.

We went to a family restaurant, Ricki's. They are a chain and I hadn't been to one in awhile. I had a chicken breast in a white wine and mushroom sauce with a baked potato, Caesar salad and veggies. TB had pork with a yummy chutney, potato and veggies.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:02 AM   #16
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Cat, I hope DA feels better soon. It's this winter that's probably wearing her down. It's gone on too long and too cold.

Don't you just love the rotisserie chickens for soup Cat? I have a hard time passing them up when I shop. Quite often one ends up in my cart anyway. If you like creamy soups, I like this recipe for a creamy wild rice chicken soup: Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe - Allrecipes.com I cut back on the butter and use milk instead of cream - and in spite of that it's become Himself's favorite soup.

I ended up nixing the chicken pot pies and used the chicken for Hot Brown sandwiches instead. I figured chicken and turkey were close enough in flavor if you're dousing it with cheese sauce and putting bacon on top. First time I've made them; Himself thought they were a winner. But of course - they had bacon!
Oh I do! I looked at your link, this seems very good! I love the rotisserie chickens! I will copy that and also save your message here, if you don't mind?

It seems sometimes now lately DA has little appetite and tired and perhaps this will help!

Thank you!

With love,
~Cat
Old 02-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #17
Sous Chef

We HAD for my Birthday Dinner ( as it is now Tuesday here being ahead of you and all that) Honey roast Quail on a bed of chestnuts and cepes. Saute potatoes with lardons and a Creme Caramel for dessert. Two friends joined us and we had shared the cooking. How cool is that?
T ( my husband ) had taken me out to lunch at a favorite french restaurant of ours on Sunday as Monday is not a good day for finding restaurants open.

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #18
Master Chef

Sounds like a very happy birthday was had by you menumaker! Best wishes and all that from me too.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Belated Happy Birthday, Menumaker! Sounds like you had a good one!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Hope you had a lovely birthday Menumaker.......sorry we missed it.your meal sounds wonderful. How nice to cook with friends! :)

Tags
dinner