February's more than halfway over! Whatcha got 2/15/14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I found what I suspect might be ribeye tips in the freezer, doing my version of beef bourguinion in the crockpot. What's up with you?

Last edited:
Missed lunch because I was at work so I am doing a mid day feed of wicken chings. Two kinds. Franks hot for GF and and Thai chili oil w/peanuts for me. Going to make up a salad to go with that...

Now that we're rested after our looooooong day in Nashville, we're going to enjoy our Valentine's Day dinner tonight.

Grilled ribeye steaks, sauteed onions, baked potatoes, a nice red wine, and heart-shaped cake for dessert.

Having tacos with a sorta carnitas style pork. I've already braised a pork butt and will shred it and fry it like Cuban Vaca Frita. I reduced the braising liquid down to about 1/4 and will add it to the pork after it crisps. I'll have some Mexi-rice and refried pintos as sides.

hmmm, a salad...
Thanks for the idea. I think I'll make a salad instead of the usual celery/carrots.

I have a visual migraine and I had a really bad headache, so I took some AC&C. I still can't see straight, but my head doesn't hurt. I'm a bit spacey and delicate, so Stirling just ordered food. We're having Greek food from our usual pizzeria. For some reason, most independent pizzerias in Montreal are owned by Greeks, as is this one. We've had their Greek food before and it's pretty good.

Think we're doing nibbly night tonight. Dry garlic ribs, spicy red pepper and feta dip, eggplant "hummus", crackers, cheese, olives...and wine.

Happy Flag Day Canada!

Bummer, Taxy. Feel better soon! I noticed the Greek restos have taken over Ontario too, and have for many years.

Happy Flag Day, Canada!

Last edited:
Bummer, Taxy. Feel better soon! I noticed the Greek restos have taken over Ontario too, and have for many years.

Happy Flag Day, Canada!
Thanks Dawg. This place is really more of a pizzeria than Greek resto. But I do enjoy Greek food. Supper was yummy.

I baked a ham and made macaroni and cheese with it and salads. It was really good ham but it was HUGE! I've got enough ham for about 3 more meals. I see scalloped potatoes and ham, lentil stew and beans and cornbread in the near future.

Beef stroganoff, asparagus and a salad of kale, apples and fennel with a balsamic and Dijon vinaigrette. Spring must be coming...we're craving greens.

Hope you feel better soon taxlady.

We were out and about today looking at flooring. Stopped at a pub for a beer, around 4:30 and decided to have a nibble with it. We ordered a meat lovers flatbread to share (pepperoni and chorizo with mushrooms) it was tasty. We decided to head to another riverside town where we remembered having some great seafood about 25years ago? we found the restaurant DH didn't think it was the same one, but I talked to the waitress and confirmed it(she actually had worked there that long. Lol! DH hates it when I'm right?
Anyway.....I had a seafood curry pasta, really different, but the seafood was cooked to perfection. You can't really see the seafood, but there were a couple of clams in the shell lots of prawns a couple of scallops and some salmon and cod chunks.
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1392530648.651165.jpg
DH had halibut and chips and a seafood chowder.

Last edited:
Leftovers here too. Instead of making more mashed potatoes to go with yesterday's stuffed cabbage I bought a loaf of Panera's Semolina bread. Good and crusty. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom