Feed Me Sunday 12-27-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
It's leftovers here. This that and something made up.

My son's gift to mom was (Luv those guys!) Wild King Salmon.Just caught.
They cut them into steaks for me. So I smoked a few of them in my new toy. It was fantastic. Lightly smoked. Cooked to perfection. So I'll take what's left over of one of the steaks and make Salmon cakes today with it.

At the going price of them $27.00+ per Lb.I had better have cooked them right. Nobody else around here is to know that I have them in my freezer. So, ssshhhh be :cool:

Then I need to slice up the rest of the Prime rib. These guys have been wanting Prime Rib sammiches. We still have a few Lbs left over from that for another meal. Breakfast hash comes to mind.

What's on your Sunday's plate?

Hot dogs and sauerkraut. Not just any hot dogs, though. Our daughter bought some artisan hot dogs that were made by the butcher school on her campus. They are really quite good. The sauerkraut was made by my brother-in-law.

I'm glad there's only one more holiday dinner to go before 2016. My New Year's resolution will be to take off the 3.5 pounds I've put on since Thanksgiving. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Crappy wet weather, so it's comfort food. Stuffed peppers, smashed potatoes, and a veg. There will be enough for another dinner, so that will take care of one of my work days this week.

We ordered from a fairly new business, the guy and his wife only cook on Sundays and have gotten rave reviews. The menu varies from week to week. We're getting medium rare filet mignon, along with grilled asparagus, spinach, mashed potatoes, red pepper terrine, and panacotta dessert, all delivered!

Last edited:
I have leftover Greek meatballs from Christmas Eve, so I'll heat those up, along with some hasselback potato casserole from Christmas and I'll sauté the rest of the asparagus. We still have flourless chocolate cake for dessert.

Finger Food: Craw-Fish boil.

img_1448628_0_9363378e4c6c1877e546633fa8677337.jpg

We ordered from a fairly new business, the guy and his wife only cook on Sundays and have gotten rave reviews. The menu varies from week to week. We're getting medium rare filet mignon, along with grilled asparagus, spinach, mashed potatoes, red pepper terrine, and panacotta dessert, all delivered!

Dawg, I curious what they charged you person? That sounds amazing, I just WISH we had any kind of delivery, but that's what we get for living out in the middle of the desert :stuart:

Tonight I'm going to heat up one of the smallish pans of Lasagna I made back when DH's buddy came to dinner. That one box of noddles made 4, count them, FOUR pans of Lasagna :yum:

Mmm....Joey, your crawfish boil looks so good! :yum:

Great sounding dinners, everyone! Munky, I'd love to be a guest at your table with your fresh smoked salmon cakes and prime rib. :ohmy::yum:

I had a couple of bowls of the split pea soup I made today. I was going to make corn bread today but didn't get around to it, so I just toasted a slice of sourdough to go with it instead.

Nice dinner, s&p. Himself and our daughter had a LOT of your mudpuppies' cousins and/or friends in their Etouffee last night!

We're cleaning out leftovers, too. Loverly took about half the leftover lasagna to her guy friend's home. They have to check her car over since both the "check engine" light came on and the car started to drive rough. I sure hope whatever is wrong, it's easy to fix or cheap to send for work. Goober has a nasty cold so he's begging off spending time with us. Meanwhile, Himself and I worked our way through most of the leftover Chinese. Now the other food in the refrigerator can "breathe", since we came home from our pilgrimage to West Side Market and filled every available space there was in the poor thing.

CG, sounds like you're having such a good time 'back home'. :wub:
Wow....I sure could spend a day or three in that West Side Market! :ohmy::)

We are enjoying every minute, Cheryl. ~ I have to say that WSM is a treasure. You certainly can spend a day there and still wish for more time. However, they don't offer cots, but there are a number of prepared food spots sprinkled into the 100-stand market to keep you well fed! One of us (but not me) had posted something about WSM on Facebook. My SIL commented that her husband said I would be singing its praises for the next couple of months and he won't hear he end of it. So much for those dee-licious smokies I got for him. MINE now. BwaHaHa!

Whenif we move back to OH, I'll have to convince Himself it's OK if my DC friends visit Cleveland and stay at our home. I would love to have most any of you explore the joys of my hometown. And, much to Himself's chagrin (which, incidentally, is a village in OH), I love to entertain and visit with people. He's kind of a solitary individual. It's true about "opposites attract". *sigh*

I'm doing my Chili Rellano Casserole with browned Chorizo Spam tonight. Mexican Rice for the SC, and glorified salads for us both.
Believe it or not, we are still getting fresh tomatoes from our one tomato plant! It is 7 feet high and 4 feet across!

Grilled chicken that I marinated in Kirby mojo, black beans, rice and Haas avocados with red onion, salt and lime juice.

Joey, where did you get crawfish this time of year?

Back
Top Bottom