Festivus Dinner - 12/23/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Festivus for the rest of us" ... had a good giggle
over that one ... forgot all about it!

CWS, so glad you got a day off!

It's been a little to cold for Mom, so I'm making
an oldie but goodie that Mom loves,

won-ton-mein.jpg
[file photo]

Noddle Bowls for all!
Udon Noddles, Won Ton (I can only find Potstickers here,
but they'll do), Kamaboko aka steamed Fish Cake,
Char Siu or Chinese BBQ Pork, baby Bok Choy, Shitake
Mushrooms, and finale some chopped Green Onions.

We are going to my in-laws for dinner tonight. Kind of curious as to why, since the whole family was there last Saturday and they are coming here Christmas Day. But hey, I will take someone else's cooking any day!

I am thinking it will either be Mom's mac & cheese or Dad's potato pancakes. TB and I shouldn't have either one of those but it is hard to get his parents to understand what we can and can't eat so we go, eat and take lots of enzymes!

Put together ground beef tacos.. As I had to mix and match things to put on them, they turned out better than I thought they would.. :yum:

Picked up a TJ's pumpkin pie and whipped cream for later..

Ross

Happy Festivus. will there be cake?, asking for a friend.

I had pepperoni pizza delivery. Hot with melty cheese in the box, despite the cold.

Attachments

• happy_festivus.jpg
    happy_festivus.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 123
I've got chicken cacciatore with bell peppers and doctored-up Barilla pasta sauce simmering on the stove. We'll have green salad and garlic bread alongside.

I made cochinita pibil today, which is pork shoulder marinaded in Yucatan spices, and cooked low and slow, wrapped in banana leaves. Traditionally, it would be cooked in the ground with hot coals, but I used a cast iron dutch oven in the oven.

It was served on corn tortillas with pickled red onions, salsa and crumbly Queso Fresco.

It was very good.

CD

I'll be having a salad with salmon, avocado and garlic citrus dressing. I forgot to bring my olives...

We are going to my in-laws for dinner tonight. Kind of curious as to why, since the whole family was there last Saturday and they are coming here Christmas Day. But hey, I will take someone else's cooking any day!

I am thinking it will either be Mom's mac & cheese or Dad's potato pancakes. TB and I shouldn't have either one of those but it is hard to get his parents to understand what we can and can't eat so we go, eat and take lots of enzymes!

Oh, my, was I wrong and glad of it! I could smell it right when we walked in the door. Mom made her delicious rouladen! It is one of my favourite meals. I can't eat a lot of beef and no bacon, but like I said above, I'll just take extra enzymes. :pig:

Grabbed stuff from the local pizza joint on my way home from running errands. Two small pizzas: pepperoni and sausage, and ham with mushrooms. Also got a stromboli. We have leftovers. If I end up sick, no one will go hungry. ☺

It was Festivus yesterday? Forgot all about it! I wasn’t feeling up to cooking, so we ordered out from (shakes head in shame) Olive Garden.

Now I have grievances to air next year at Festivus!

Back
Top Bottom