"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-20-2006, 11:52 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

yeah, well, i'd like to see you fix a computer on a first date!!!!

so there....

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:01 AM   #12
Master Chef

Ironchef, I would never, ever cook for a first date. This was well into our relationship, when we already knew that we both liked to cook & eat. I didn't mean what I titled this. I meant the first date that you (or your other) fixed dinner.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #13
Master Chef

Since I've always loved to cook (& he doesn't), I cooked so many things for him when we first started dating (27 years ago!!!), that I'd never remember what the "first" was.

I do, however, remember the first thing he cooked for me: "Shrimp in Champagne Sauce". Not only was it very ambitious for someone who "didn't cook", but it was delicious, if I remember correctly - although that also could easily have been the stars in my eyes - lol!!!

Since wedding (we celebrated our 17th anniversary on 8/11), I've really done all the cooking, except for during several times of incapacitation on my part. He does have a few specialties - absolutely perfect turkey burgers out on the grill, which for whatever reason I've never mastered as well as he has & a wonderfully delicious lower-fat Fettucine Alfredo made with yogurt come to mind as his top dishes.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

big surprize

The first time I had dinner at my now ex-husband's I walked in to find paper plates, napkins and cups, and he had just run out that day to buy real silverware - so you can imagine my reaction when I looked over and saw flames shooting out of the pan...Turns out he had actually gone to culinary school and was deglazing the sauce. He made chicken breast in a cream sauce with sun dried tomatoes and raisins over linguine. Still one of the best meals I have ever had.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

First time I cooked, I made a chicken dish with like some mrs dash on it :) it was funny with some garlic mash potatos and I think she made me beef stragenaff or how ever you spell that lol ..
but now we are both more advanced making all kinds of good eats now
Old 08-26-2006, 02:19 PM   #16
Head Chef

First meal together: a late night Crispy aromatic duck in Gerard Street on the day we met. Then we had a couple of dates without eating anything, then we went on holiday (I know, I know, what was I thinking? lol) and I made a picnic to have at the airport....he was coming straight from a gig and our flight was before morning Public Transport in London, so we agreed to a few hours in airport. I made a pork and apricot stuffed pastry thing that we had to cut with a plastic knife, a little pot of chicken liver pate, some homemade bread, paper cups full of my heart stopping chocolate mousse, fruit tarts and a selection of fresh fruit, and added to the basket bought smoked meats (duck and lamb I think). He was amazed and impressed! That was actually our fourth date...we are married now.

First thing he cooked for me was an amazing pizza, the day we got back from the holiday!

Our romance is charted in meals we've cooked together or for each other.