First Day of Summer Dinner - 4/19/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm making split pea soup using smoked pork chops.

I am going to a meeting tonight and TB has overtime again. So, I am pulling out some things from the freezer. I will be having bangers and mash (sweet potatoes) and TB gets salisbury steak from his Mom. He can put it in before he takes Miley out and it will be ready by the time he gets back.

Nice weather today, so I'm planning to toss a burger on the grill. Not sure what else.

CD

AWKK!!! first day of SUMMER! oh gosh - just realized Iceland only has two seasons... :LOL:

Had a "Poor Man's Viener Schnitzel", Jasmine rice, and a 'medley' of vegies.

medley - aka - open fridge door grab what needs to be grabbed.

Attachments

• DSCN5916.jpg
    DSCN5916.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 138
Leftovers, I think. Might be easier to make something from scratch, though, and only two portions. My microwave is failing! :ohmy: The #5 has been out for a couple of years. Well, today the Power Level button won't work. Nor will "reheat". I looks like it will be used to warm up coffee for Himself until we replace the thing. Otherwise, leftovers will be nuked "full speed ahead!". :LOL:

Osso bucco with risotto milanese, with gremolata.

Attachments

• 2018-04-19 18.19.11.jpg
    2018-04-19 18.19.11.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 103
I had a thin crust - ham, bacon, pineapple and banana pepper with extra cheese pizza. A couple of Garlic and Parmesan wings.

Thanks Dragon and Andy. It was the best batch we've ever made, probably in large part because the meat was nearly all the way cooked the day before and flavors melded overnight in the fridge. Plus, the extra fat congealed and could be scooped off the top, getting rid of more than just spooning off could.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom