Flag Day dinner, Saturday June 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
39817-albums933-picture5943.jpg

Smoked Turkey Breast

That smoked turkey looks delicious, S&P!

Just finished some spaghetti with Italian sausage, mushrooms and pepperoni.

Musgoes tonight in honor of Uncle Bob's birthday!

I think of him every time I see the word musgoe, Uncle Bob helped me to expand my vocabulary! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Breaded pork chop, asparagus, cottage cheese and cucumber salad.

New food tomorrow!

Hot pastrami sandwiches and tossed salad.

Ooh, I love hot pastrami. I haven't had a good hot pastrami sandwich since I moved out of Manhattan in 1998. My favorite was at the Carnegie Deli.

Picked the carcass from our beer butt chicken we had last week. Made a chicken salad with toasted pecans, halved green grapes, blue cheese, and homemade mayo. Served it over romaine hearts. Gobbled up a bunch of lyndalou's tumbled tomatoes for a cool side. Iced tea and more of our yummy plum crumble dessert finished out the meal.

Scalloped potatoes and meatloaf. I only had a little meat loaf. Got to save room when I raid the refrigerator for a sandwich later.

Ooh, I love hot pastrami. I haven't had a good hot pastrami sandwich since I moved out of Manhattan in 1998. My favorite was at the Carnegie Deli.

I ate there years ago when we visited NYC. What we had tonight is nothing like what Carnegie Deli serves.

Liver, Onions and Bacon with fried potatoes and steamed spinach.

ohhhhhhhh how I wish I was there PF, that whole meal sounds so good to me. Steve can't stand even the smell of cooking liver and I love it so much.
Thankfully there's a cafe' near here that has it on the menu and I always warn them if they overcook the liver I'll send it back.

We just had take out tonight.

Saturday the 14th - Lemon Zoodles

Dinner was zucchini spaghetti (zoodles) sautéed in olive oil with fresh crushed garlic, herbs, lemon and dry vermouth... and grilled shrimp. A few grilled cherry tomatoes added for color along with some shredded carrots. Topped with a bit of freshly grated parmesan. It was delicious, but I think I still like the zoodles Italian style with turkey meatballs better.

Last edited:
ohhhhhhhh how I wish I was there PF, that whole meal sounds so good to me. Steve can't stand even the smell of cooking liver and I love it so much.
Thankfully there's a cafe' near here that has it on the menu and I always warn them if they overcook the liver I'll send it back.

We just had take out tonight.

I still have 1/2 pound of liver left. It will be treats for me in the next couple of days. Shrek won't eat it once it's been chilled.

I still have 1/2 pound of liver left. It will be treats for me in the next couple of days. Shrek won't eat it once it's been chilled.

I found some ham slices in the freezer, made some blue cheese scalloped potatoes and grilled some veg in the oven.(shallot, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and celery) it was all quite good.

Back
Top Bottom