Food for Monday, 2/15/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What's up at your house?

I'm doing some oven roasted chicken thighs over mounds of dressing that was frozen at Thanksgiving. I love doing them that way, as the dressing is almost like cooking it inside the bird.
Steamed brocccoli will fill out the meal.

I'm baking chicken nuggets. Coated them in mayo instead of beaten egg, then in seasoned panko a la shake and bake.

Not bad at all, nice and crunchy. I'll have to figure out a veggie.

Had a piece of aged beef (ie: last week's leftover roast ;)) that I found in the super-chilled drawer. It passed the sniff test, so I sliced it thin and warmed it in a pan of gravy. Brought up a few wobbly potatoes from the basement. You know the kind, they're old enough they've started to lose some moisture? I peeled the wrinkly parts off, cut them up, and let them re-hydrate in the pan of water until they became firm again, then boiled and mashed. Nuked some frozen corn. Called it dinner.

Made a new recipe today. I made a pork Ragu with a piece of pork shoulder and tomato and herbs it was delicious. Served it over fettuccine.

Last edited:
We tried the recipe from the January (I think, could have been Feb) Bon Appetit for cassoulet with chicken and andouille, except subbed out the chicken for turkey as I had already confit'd some turkey thighs and froze them. It was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom