Food Lies we tell ourselves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I'm sitting here chowing down on a pile of jujubes and gummy bears. So how do I justify this to myself? They are fat free! Made of gelatin which as we all know is protein and important in our diet. :rolleyes:

What lies do you tell yourself?

I am certain that the calories expended to chew gummy bears are equal those consumed :)

If you do The Microwave Dance while waiting for
your food to cook you burn off the calories :punk:
That one I have to remember.

Also, baked goods consumed in the bakery have no calories...unfortunately, they all show up as soon as you leave.:pig:

Beer, wine, whiskey and all soft drinks are fat-free and contain no cholesterol. They're veritable health foods.

My favorite food lie is one I learned from bill Cosby. Chocolate cake is healthy and a perfect breakfast food.

One of my favorite Bill Cosby bits...thanks for the laugh. I like German Chocolate cake for breakfast, it has the added nutritional value of cocnut and walnuts. :angel:

NOT RECOMMENDED...food grazing at the buffet is also non-caloric.

There is a comedian, Mike Birbiglia (pronounced burr big lee ah) who says that he makes deals with himself. "If I have a cheesburger now, I'll work out on the treadmill later. But then later, I eat a cake. Deals off sucker."

My aunt heard once that it takes three days for calories to affect you. She was convinced that if she ate half the menu at Dairy Queen and then exercised for the next two days, the calories wouldn't get her. Of course, she didn't exercise during those two days either. :LOL:

I have always said that if someone else provides the food it is calorie free (full of calories and free). :D
:) Barbara

I don't lie to myself about food value. I lie to myself about my eating habits, like: I don't eat blueberry pie often enough for it to hurt me. Besides, the blueberries are chock full of nutrients. Both statements are absolutely true. But the problem comes the next day when I say; "One snickers bar isn't going to kill me, and the peanuts are full of protien." The next day is "This small bag of chips isn't going to do me in, even though the chips have no redeeming value, I rarely eat chips."

See the pattern? In and of themselves, each comment is correct, if I didn't cheat and eat something else the next day that sabotaged my diet. Fortunately, I don't go through daily junk food snacks. But it does happen often enough to not be good. My biggest problem is that wholesome foods that I love aren't available in the snack machines at work. And I don't always give myself enough time in the morning to prepare a days worth of healthy snacks, or are traveling and can't conveniently carry them with me.

Our modern lifestyles are killing us, one lie at a time.

Seeeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom