Foodie Confessions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
foodie confessions...hmmmm.....
I love to eat spoonfuls of peanut butter out of the jar when kids r not watching..
my quick dessert,when theres nothing in the fridge and i'm having one of those killing sugar cravings,is i arrange 4 choco chip cookies on a plate,top them with big mountains of whipped cream and sprinkle heaps of granulated sugar on top,and scarf it down.;)

SpaghettiO's right out of the can ( not heated up, as if it makes a difference).

1/2 spoon of peanut butter , then dip the same spoon to fill the other 1/2 with fluff.

Leave on or 2 crackers in the box so someone else has to throw the box out. ( and along these lines, leave one or 2 squares of toilet paper on the roll, so I dont have to change the roll :) , just dont tell my wife, she still thinks its the kids that do this.

I like Lipton's and Campbell's chicken noodle soup, and chicken ramen noodles as well. When I'm not feeling well, these are comfort foods!

I like "American" cheese; specifically Kraft slices that are NOT individually wrapped. I make mac & cheese with them (then add a sprinkle of something more zippy at the end, parm, romano, fresh black pepper). I will say, in my defense, that Kraft cheese IS a local product where I live!

I use the bones from my families' plates to make stock. Hey, I'm boiling them, and I know the people don't have a contagious disease!

I like iceberg lettuce! I also like all the other leafy types. But sometimes I just want to crunch into iceberg. It is so cool on a hot summer day!

By the way, using canned, and/or frozen vegetables doesn't count as being a "naughty". Many of us live places where we couldn't possibly eat a fresh vegetable except for a few months late summer/early fall. We'd all have scurvey and other nutritional deficiencies if we didn't use these products.

I have one "can of mushroom soup" recipe in my repetoire. Velveta has a purpose. Onion soup mix also has a purpose. Bottled Caesar dressing can be useful.

redi-whip whipped cream on top of Chocolate covered entenmanns donuts, and then opening up my mouth and taking a healthy squirt of the whipped cream before putting it away. ( and then yelling at the kids when they do the same thing)

I can't bake worth a darn and I don't really care much to learn how. I can make dinner rolls and bread, but beyond that I'm worthless. My cookies are always over-baked.

I don't always make my own salad dressing. Now, I buy the all-natural organic stuff, but from scratch... not consistently.

Knorr Hollandaise sauce mix...I used to make it from scratch until the one time I used the Knorr's as a quick fix and DH said it tasted better than the last one I made...I haven't made Hollandaise from scratch for about 12 years. Bertolli Marinara...tastes as good as I make without the time factor. Frozen bread for "quick" fixes.

I eat Chef Boyardee Raviolis out of the can, canned corned beef out of the can and Vienna sausages...out of the can of course.

OMG I'm getting such a chuckle out of all these. Sounds like we all have our little quirks.

I once claimed pillsbury pie crusts were my own. And then my DH told me that I changed my recipe and should do it "the old way". Crap, had to fess up then.

Used a different wine in a chicken dish my family loves...a crappier one...and my youngest wouldn't eat it! I get busted every time dang it!

I never cook for my self. If my family is away I will eat a cold cuts sandwich day in and day out, two-three times a day. I can go on for two weeks (that is the longest my family have been away in the past), but I think I can even go longer.

Knorr Hollandaise sauce mix...I used to make it from scratch until the one time I used the Knorr's as a quick fix and DH said it tasted better than the last one I made...I haven't made Hollandaise from scratch for about 12 years. Bertolli Marinara...tastes as good as I make without the time factor. Frozen bread for "quick" fixes.

Both Knorr sauce mixes (Hollandaise, Bearnaise, & - until recently since they don't seem to make it anymore - "Newburg") & Bertolli jarred sauces are staples here. And I don't consider them "sins" at all.

Another excellent jarred pasta sauce? Safeway supermarket's own brand of "Arrabiatta". Very spicy for a jarred sauce. First one I've used that doesn't need "tweaking". Great stuff at a very fair price.

I never cook for my self. If my family is away I will eat a cold cuts sandwich day in and day out, two-three times a day. I can go on for two weeks (that is the longest my family have been away in the past), but I think I can even go longer.

Gee - I love it when my husband is away. Just from a cooking viewpoint, not because I don't miss him terribly.

I can try out new recipes that have ingredients I know he hates or doesn't eat (red meat). It's fun. I can't even remotely imagine EVER just eating cold-cut sandwiches 2-3 times a day for a couple of weeks when cooking is so enjoyable to me. Sorry Charlie, but that's just so sad.

People who clip coupons are so smart, so clever, so savvy...I confess I'm not one of them. I don't EVER remember clipping a coupon from a newspaper. I get guilt pangs everytime I see "Triple Your Coupons Week". Or the woman in line in front of me who ends up with a bill of $10 for $50 worth of groceries...and mine?...well, I'm not telling. The cashier will slip one in my bag and they're printed on the back of my receipt but they sit in my kitchen drawer until they expire.

:clap: I'm reeeeally GOOD about searching the store for "Buy One Get One Free" sales with my store discount card though...where you don't use clipped coupons. I saved $40 the other day doing that!

People who clip coupons are so smart, so clever, so savvy...I confess I'm not one of them. I don't EVER remember clipping a coupon from a newspaper. I get guilt pangs everytime I see "Triple Your Coupons Week". Or the woman in line in front of me who ends up with a bill of $10 for $50 worth of groceries...and mine?...well, I'm not telling. The cashier will slip one in my bag and they're printed on the back of my receipt but they sit in my kitchen drawer until they expire.

:clap: I'm reeeeally GOOD about searching the store for "Buy One Get One Free" sales with my store discount card though...where you don't use clipped coupons. I saved $40 the other day doing that!

Yeah, but the food that coupons are for is always processed junk food. You're better off buying fresh, whole ingredients and making from scratch and totally skipping the coupons. In the end, you save on doctor's bills instead of in coupons. ;)

I LOVE "buy 1 get one free", but only IF I ascertain that the "buy 1" price hasn't been hiked up so much that the "get one free" is moot.

I did snare a terrific "buy one get 1 one free" deal on marinated turkey tenderloins the other day, which I use for turkey kabobs (that we'll be enjoying tomorrow). The "buy one" price was $6.99, which was the normal price. So I definitely ended up with a good deal.

And sorry Velochic - coupons around here aren't "always" for "processed junk food". I get plenty of coupons for fresh meat, fresh dairy products, dry pastas, frozen vegetables, canned vegetables/beans, etc., etc. You must either not be on the right mailing list for the right supermarkets or aren't looking at your coupon offers closely enough.

...what about scrapple?(not me)...spam reminds me of that. I just read where it was started in the colonial era and is still around today. Can't say as I've ever seen it but I almost feel like I know what it tastes like. I'll bet my father fed it to me as a kid. He was a spam lover too...and sardines & smoked oysters in a can on saltines.

Back
Top Bottom