Foodie Confessions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a great 2 for 1 deal on chicken breasts today. They were regular price just buy one get one. I LOVE that.

...you probably already know this but if you only want one in a "two for the price of one sale" then you still only get charged half price for the one. I don't know about other stores but that's true of grocery stores.

...but regarding the topic, i confess that I'm a knife abuser. They find their way into the dishwasher sometimes where it'll get a rust spot and I have to steel wool it off. Why can't they make good knives that don't rust in the diswasher? What's up with that?

Maybe in the US that is true Mollyanne, but not here. If you only want one here you pay full price.

Yeah all the grocery stores here let you buy just one on a buy one get one sale, which is nice since I don't always need two of something.

Oh and I loaded up and froze boneless skinless chicken breast recently when they went on sale for $1.59 per pound!!! Fresh and name brand!

...and I confess, i had to look up the spelling for "hor d'oeuvres"....again :blush:

Don't worry MA.........in my distinguished circle we call them "whores ovaries"
In our family we have always called them "Horse Doofers." :mrgreen:

Ok, I confess...

As good as many of the guacamole recipes I have seen here look, mine is simply avocado, Herdez Salsa Casera, and a little lime (or lemon if I don't have lime). It tastes great, and it is super simple.

I love canned spinach.

I love odd combinations, such as hot baked beans on top of ice cold cottage cheese, creamed peas on mashed potatoes, and creamed corn on Rice-a-Roni.

:)Barbara

as far as sins go, i have to agree with breezy; i haven't seen any yet.

for my own confession, i'd have to go with drinking from the container right out of the fridge (although it's not that gross since i have my own fridge and kitchen seperate from dw's), and i've been know to squirt ketchup directly into my mouth.

or, foregoing a butter knife and scraping butter or margarine up with crusty bread.

also, i love pickle juice, enough to sip some before using the rest to brine chicken parts.

and i love to drink blood and intracellular fluids from meat.

For those who "confessed" to SPAM and canned Vienna sausages: Move to Hawaii. Not a sin there; but a staple. When my husband and I went on the road for three years, we visited the birthplace of SPAM. After hitting the museum, we hit a bar, and were sipping and talking to the bartender. She told us she really thought the town's teachers made up the "fact" that Hawaii is the largest state per capita consumer of SPAM. We just laughed. No, it is actually the truth. You won't go to a party that doesn't have SPAM and pineapple kabobs as part of "heavy puupuus". A Hawaiian pizza doesn't have Canadian bacon, it has SPAM. There is SPAM sushi (I believe it is called musubi or something like that). SPAM saimin. Never developed a taste for it myself. And the canned Vienna sausages are popular as well. But, here, twice I've thrown parties that featured SPAM (a fifties party, a Hawaiian party) and the SPAM dishes disappeared, much to my surprise. So you ain't alone!

...if this was reality TV, our ratings would have just gone up. Nothing like a confession with shock value...but kayelle, shhhhh, you're in the confessional right now and we promised not to tell ;).

Yeah all the grocery stores here let you buy just one on a buy one get one sale, which is nice since I don't always need two of something.!

Watch how the BOGOs ring up. If each item rings up at 1/2 price, then you can use coupons where you have to buy 2 items. If they ring up 1 at full price and one free, then you can't because the system only shows you buying 1 item.

I have eaten that gross dry cookie mix right out of the bag and rinsed it down with milk;
I like to under cook banana bread because i like it a little gooey,
I have microwaved RedHots and wrapped them in processed cheese, just so i can clog an artery.
that is all for now....but now you've got me thinking LOL

Sorry Charlie, but that's just so sad.

Gee, I wonder how much you would cook for yourself if you come home at 8:30 PM and have to wake up at 6:00 AM to go to work, because when my family is away it is exactly what I have to do to do, catch up with all the times I take of to cook at home, to take kids to school and appointments, to pick them from school if my wife is working late, etc.

You're a very giving man, CharlieD, and a devoted husband and father. You deserve a little break to do whatever you please when the family is away and having coldcuts is a minor confession...everyone luvs'em once in awhile especially ham n cheese on biscuits with dijon...yum

I have a beautiful herb garden, with sage, lavendar, rosemary, thyme, chives--but I almost always use dried herbs from the kitchen drawer. Too busy in the summer to fool with picking and cleaning and chopping fresh herbs.

My grocery cart is full of minimally processed foods---except for cheap ramen and Freschetta (or Feratta, from Sav-a-lot) pizzas.

My beef is locally raised, I kill my own chickens- - - but I love Little Smokies wrapped in whomp biscuit dough.

I have a beautiful herb garden, with sage, lavendar, rosemary, thyme, chives--but I almost always use dried herbs from the kitchen drawer. Too busy in the summer to fool with picking and cleaning and chopping fresh herbs.

My grocery cart is full of minimally processed foods---except for cheap ramen and Freschetta (or Feratta, from Sav-a-lot) pizzas.

My beef is locally raised, I kill my own chickens- - - but I love Little Smokies wrapped in whomp biscuit dough.

Oh, My! This is the worst yet.

Don't worry, we'll arrange for an intervention to get you away from all that digging, picking and killing. We'll have you eating all preprocessed foods before long. Don't you worry.

...when I was a small child my grandmother baked her Mince Meat Pie with Venison in it and was so proud to share with the whole family. I turned up my nose and told her it tasted like dirty feet. That was bad....sorry, Gammie :flowers:

here's a foodie confession by my 5 yr old daughter:she loves to eat her favorite chocolate sandwich cookies with ketchup!

Back
Top Bottom