Foodie Vacation Destinations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
If you were going to take a vacation solely to experience great food, where would you go.

For me I think I would have to pick Italy first. My second choice would probably be Greece.

Luckily I already live in the food heaven Italy:mrgreen: (nyaaaneee nyaneee booo booo GB:ROFLMAO: )

For a new, delicious culinary experience, I would pick home of my second favourite cuisine, India.

Greece, no thought needed for that one!!

Italy is next on my list also... or Amsterdam just for the cheeses.

Definately Italy, France, and Greece for me. I've never tasted a "real" italian pizza from Italy, but I have to say that the best pizza I ever had was in Boston. The sauce was so good! Though I havent experienced alot of the food in NY, I do know there is so many different ethnic foods there, so that would be a great place to experience almost any type of food you crave.

Brianschef said:
Brazil, Finland, New Zealand, Iceland....for starters.
These are very interesting choices. Brazil I can see, but I am not familiar with the cuisines of Finland, New Zealand, or Iceland very well. I know a little about food in Finland and New Zealand (very little), but nothing about Iceland. What types of things would you be looking to eat there Brianschef?

Absolutely Italy! I love Italian food. Then I'd make my way to Spain to get me some Meditteranean food.

I particularly love the food from the South of France.... I've been on a couple of cookery courses in the region. And the wonder of the Greek islands is that the same dish is cooked so differently on each island.. some add more of this, less of that - amazing, cos they ALL think their version is THE definitive one.:cool:

Well, make sure you are careful in your choice of dining places.... both countries have more than their fair share of pretty ropey food emporia! If you need some recommendations for Scotland - let me know.

Ish, I remember one of our previous conversations where you gave me the same warning. I'll be hitting you up for some recommendations in the next couple of weeks. I'm still trying to make it out to Ballymaloe but not certain though.

napa california in the fall, all of italy - anytime, pusan and seoul korea in the spring, southern france in summer, and octoberfest in munich.

oh! I was thinking it had to be out of the country!

Okay, for USA food....
I'll take Ohio for breakfast at Middies...
Then to Detroit for drinks with ronjohn....
Then to Washington for appetizers at pdswife's.....
Good old texas steak lunch with texasgirl....
Off to South Carolina to have See's Candies with Barb and Maidrite.....
Dinner in Massachusetts at GB's.......
and a pub in New Jersey for beer with Buckytom....
and then, of course I'd have to have a midnight dessert with Ken and Alix!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom