For Crews - any anybody who loves 'culinary mysteries'!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
Since you've discovered the library (or to put on your Santa list!), take a look at these books by Diane Mott Davidson - they're just a lot of fun; about a zany caterer who gets caught up in 'intrigue', and solves mysteries left and right! -

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-2232960-5340033

If the link doesn't connect, just use the 'Amazon' link and search for her name.

Her new one is out and I've got to get to the library to be one of the first in line to check it out...I just can not buy new books, it may be some sort of personality fault! of course, I can justify it as a cookbook, cause I buy those new!

There are LOTS of culinary mysteries out there. Look for Joanne Fluke's series featuring Hannah Swensen the recipes are WONDERFUL. Lou Jane Temple's series features Heaven Lee and lots of BBQ. I am anxiously waiting for Diane Mott Davidson's Prime Cut from the library.

Alix said:
There are LOTS of culinary mysteries out there. Look for Joanne Fluke's series featuring Hannah Swensen the recipes are WONDERFUL. Lou Jane Temple's series features Heaven Lee and lots of BBQ. I am anxiously waiting for Diane Mott Davidson's Prime Cut from the library.

I just read Prime Cut and returned it to the library yesterday.

I will look for these other books.

Uh oh. I did forget Nero Wolfe. I will have to read him again [I haven't read one since I was a kid].

I went to the library over the weekend to look for all of the great books that have been mentioned in this thread and of course, my library didn't have any of them (our county has a depressingly sub-par library system). I did, however, find a book that you'll be interested in on the new fiction shelf (even though the book was published in '01! :shock: ) It's called Death Dines at 8:30 and is a collection of short stories "of crime and cuisine" with recipies. A lot of the authors included have been mentioned on this thread. I'm anxious to start it!

The only one of the authors mentioned I have read is Rex Stout (Nero Wolfe). Will have to try the others, thanks to all.

PA - you could ask Santa for some of those books! ;) And Amazon even has some of them 'used' in great condition for great prices!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom